Optimize and stitch the Nadir?

  • Peter Sale
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 2007
      I currently use PTGui 7.2 (not Pro yet), NN3, D200 and a Sigma F3.5 8mm lens to shoot real Estate related VR images. I angle up the
      NN3 about 5 degrees and shoot four images; lastly I shoot the Nadir hand held. So far I have not been able to figure out how to
      stitch in the hand held Nadir in PTGui. I found tutorials online, posted questions and got answers from this group, and asked
      questions from individuals for about everything else I have wanted to do, but now its time to learn how best to stitch in the Nadir.

      BTW, depending on how well the HDR facility works in PTGui Pro 7.2, I will be upgrading to that version soon.

      -
      Regards,
      Peter Sale
      Santa Monica, CA USA
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 22, 2007
        On Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 7:08, Peter Sale wrote:

        > So far I have not been able to figure out how to
        > stitch in the hand held Nadir in PTGui. I found tutorials online, posted
        > questions and got answers from this group, and asked
        > questions from individuals for about everything else I have wanted to do, but
        > now its time to learn how best to stitch in the Nadir

        This is not done with the most recent PTGui Version but it will still
        work:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Stitching_Nadir_Shots

        (always search the wiki first :-)

        The next Version of PTGui Pro will contain a special feature: Nadir
        viewpoint correction. For details see
        http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html

        best regards
      • Peter Sale
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 22, 2007
          Many thanks Erik. This is exactly the sort of Nadir stitching explanation I have been looking for.

          This gives me an additional reason to upgrade from PTGui 7.2 to PTGui Pro 7.2 when the "Nadir viewpoint correction" feature gets
          implemented.

          -
          Regards,
          Peter Sale
          Santa Monica, CA USA

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 22, 2007
            On Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 8:58, Peter Sale wrote:

            > This gives me an additional reason to upgrade from PTGui 7.2 to PTGui Pro 7.2
            > when the "Nadir viewpoint correction" feature gets
            > implemented.

            It is already (and works very well) in the current PTGui Pro beta:
            http://www.ptgui.com/beta.html

            best regards

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 22, 2007
              Seriously, the upgrade fee to PTGui Pro will be the best money you
              have spent in a long time if you need to stitch in some nadirs. It
              is so much easer to use the viewpoint correction than to use the
              technique in the Stitching Nadir Shots tutorial that it is a no-
              brainer to upgrade. The HDR stitching alone was worth the price of
              upgrading; I would have been happy to pay again for the viewpoint
              correction, it saves so much time and trouble.

              A very happy customer (obviously!)

              John

              John Riley
              johnriley@...
              jriley@...

              On Sep 22, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Erik Krause wrote:

              > On Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 7:08, Peter Sale wrote:
              >
              > > So far I have not been able to figure out how to
              > > stitch in the hand held Nadir in PTGui. I found tutorials online,
              > posted
              > > questions and got answers from this group, and asked
              > > questions from individuals for about everything else I have
              > wanted to do, but
              > > now its time to learn how best to stitch in the Nadir
              >
              > This is not done with the most recent PTGui Version but it will still
              > work:
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/Stitching_Nadir_Shots
              >
              > (always search the wiki first :-)
              >
              > The next Version of PTGui Pro will contain a special feature: Nadir
              > viewpoint correction. For details see
              > http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html
              >
              > best regards
              > --
              > http://www.erik-krause.de

            • Peter Sale
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007
                I would love to see some examples of your panos that you created with PTGui 7.2 pro's HDR feature.

                -
                Regards,
                Peter Sale
                Santa Monica, CA USA

                John Riley wrote:
                > Seriously, the upgrade fee to PTGui Pro will be the best
                > money you have spent in a long time if you need to stitch
                > in some nadirs. It is so much easer to use the viewpoint
                > correction than to use the technique in the Stitching
                > Nadir Shots tutorial that it is a no- brainer to upgrade.
                > The HDR stitching alone was worth the price of upgrading;
                > I would have been happy to pay again for the viewpoint
                > correction, it saves so much time and trouble.
                >
                > A very happy customer (obviously!)
                >
                > John
                >

                > John Riley
                > johnriley@...
                > jriley@...
                >

                > On Sep 22, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Erik Krause wrote:
                >
                >> On Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 7:08, Peter Sale
                >> wrote:
                >>
                >>> So far I have not been able to figure out how to stitch
                >>> in the hand held Nadir in PTGui. I found tutorials
                >>> online, posted
                >>> questions and got answers from this group, and asked
                >>> questions from individuals for about everything else I
                >>> have wanted to do, but
                >>> now its time to learn how best to stitch in the Nadir
                >>
                >> This is not done with the most recent PTGui Version but
                >> it will still work:
                >> http://wiki.panotools.org/Stitching_Nadir_Shots
                >>
                >> (always search the wiki first :-)
                >>
                >> The next Version of PTGui Pro will contain a special
                >> feature: Nadir viewpoint correction. For details see
                >> http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html
                >>
                >> best regards
                >> --
                >> http://www.erik-krause.de
              • Jaume LLorens [eldimoni.com]
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007
                  Peter, I have made this one:
                  http://vistes360.com/qt_fs.php?fitxer=portalada_ripoll_1
                  stitched with PTGui Pro 7.2 beta
                  3 LDRs blended planes, tonemapped using Photomatix, but I supose I could
                  tonemapped using PTGui...
                  Nikon d70s + 10.5mm
                  Jaume Llorens

                  En/na Peter Sale ha escrit: