Decisions...Decisions

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2007
      Rayburn Taylor wrote:

      >There have been a number of post about the Nodal Ninja. I have
      >studied several pages from their website. It appears that it works
      >mush like the Pansaurus (although much better made) head that I
      >currently use. I was going to buy the Angno MrotatorA head to go
      with >my Fisheye NIKON FC-E8, because it seems so much easier to set
      up and >you do not have to worry about the nodal point.

      >Could I get some suggestions from the list as to way buy one over
      the >other? Does anyone on the list use a Angno MrotatorA and/or
      Fisheye >NIKON FC-E8?

      >Thank you in advance for your time and help,

      Hi Rayburn,

      The Agnos MrotatorA is a good dedicated FC8 lens head, the only
      drawback is that you'll not be able to use any other lens with that
      bracket, therefore in my own opinion I will recomend that you get a
      universal bracket which will allow you to use a number of lens
      combinations.
      The FC-8 has the nodal point on the rim of the lens where the
      lettering is, knowing that it should be very easy to set the nodal
      point on any bracket you choose.
      What you have to be careful about is that because of the width of
      the FC8, when you are positioning the camera and lens over the
      turning point, it does not interfere with the upward arm of the
      bracket, as this sets the camera mounting screw point far back along
      the horizontal arm. Check the manufactures literature in the case of
      the NN http://www.nodalninja.com/camera_list.html you can use the T
      adaptor which will clear the FC-E8 from scraping the vertical arm.

      I myself use the Nodal Ninja and I very happy with it.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2007
        On 20 Sep 2007 at 8:23, Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock wrote:

        > The Agnos MrotatorA is a good dedicated FC8 lens head, the only
        > drawback is that you'll not be able to use any other lens with that
        > bracket, therefore in my own opinion I will recomend that you get a
        > universal bracket which will allow you to use a number of lens
        > combinations.
        > The FC-8 has the nodal point on the rim of the lens where the
        > lettering is, knowing that it should be very easy to set the nodal
        > point on any bracket you choose.
        > What you have to be careful about is that because of the width of
        > the FC8, when you are positioning the camera and lens over the
        > turning point, it does not interfere with the upward arm of the
        > bracket, as this sets the camera mounting screw point far back along
        > the horizontal arm. Check the manufactures literature in the case of
        > the NN http://www.nodalninja.com/camera_list.html you can use the T
        > adaptor which will clear the FC-E8 from scraping the vertical arm.
        >
        > I myself use the Nodal Ninja and I very happy with it.

        So am I.
        I'm using it mainly with an Olympus C7070WZ and Raynox DCR-CF185PRO, which is very long
        and quite wide. I also use it with the 0.7x wide converter from Olympus, which is even
        wider. To be able to fit those lenses/camera I need to use 2 T-adaptors, which works
        quite well.
        Very flexible solution, which can also easily be used with the built-in 27mm lens.
      • Rayburn Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 24, 2007
          Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

          > On 20 Sep 2007 at 8:23, Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock wrote:
          >
          > > The Agnos MrotatorA is a good dedicated FC8 lens head, the only
          > > drawback is that you'll not be able to use any other lens with that
          > > bracket, therefore in my own opinion I will recomend that you get a
          > > universal bracket which will allow you to use a number of lens
          > > combinations.
          > > The FC-8 has the nodal point on the rim of the lens where the
          > > lettering is, knowing that it should be very easy to set the nodal
          > > point on any bracket you choose.
          > > What you have to be careful about is that because of the width of
          > > the FC8, when you are positioning the camera and lens over the
          > > turning point, it does not interfere with the upward arm of the
          > > bracket, as this sets the camera mounting screw point far back along
          > > the horizontal arm. Check the manufactures literature in the case of
          > > the NN http://www.nodalninja.com/camera_list.html
          > <http://www.nodalninja.com/camera_list.html> you can use the T
          > > adaptor which will clear the FC-E8 from scraping the vertical arm.
          > >
          > > I myself use the Nodal Ninja and I very happy with it.
          >
          > So am I.
          > I'm using it mainly with an Olympus C7070WZ and Raynox DCR-CF185PRO,
          > which is very long and quite wide. I also use it with the 0.7x wide
          > converter from Olympus, which is even wider. To be able to fit those
          > lenses/camera I need to use 2 T-adaptors, which works quite well.
          > Very flexible solution, which can also easily be used with the
          > built-in 27mm lens.
          > --
          > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no <http://bknilssen.no> -
          > panoramas and 3D

          Thank you, Rodrigo and Bjørn. Your info about using other lens with the
          pano head has help me decide to get the NN3. Have already ordered it and
          now I am just waiting.

          Regards,
          Rayburn

          --