Cherrypicker (boom lift) panorama

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2007
      Lately Ive been making some panoramas from a cherrypicker eg
      http://www.mediavr.com/cherrypicker1.htm

      this isnt such a big cherrypicker
      http://www.mediavr.com/cherrypickershot1.jpg

      but it still gives considerable elevation

      the problem for spherical panos is how to get rid of the cherrypicker
      at the nadir --- there are two straightforward solutions: one is to
      move the cherry picker and take a nadir shot obliquely as usual --
      but this is a bit timeconsuming

      the other solution, which I used here, was to use a 4m pole in the
      cherrypicker (longer when elevated than you see in the pic) with the
      camera on that, so the cherrypicker, cage etc subtends less of an
      angle in the down view

      altogether the height of the pano is about 20m I think

      Peter
      http://www.mediavr.com/blog