Liv eview (40d) and lens/sensor calibration

  • dmgalpha
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2007
      I received yesterday my 40d (from Vistek, in Canada).

      I am very happy with the live view option. It made lens calibration
      extremely fast and easy. I find that using the viewfinder is good for
      an approximation, but taking a photo was way better. Now I don't have
      to take as many photos. I can zoom-in into the point of interest, then
      rotate the camera.

      One suggestion, use the depth-of-field preview, with a small aperture,
      and do it under a lot of light.

      Another advantage of the 40d will be the ability to get a focusing
      screen for manual focusing (I am trying to find one in Canada/USA, but
      they don't seem to be available in this side of the world yet). This
      will help those who use lens adapter for other companies lenses. You
      will not get confirmation, but the screen will make it easier.

      ==
      dmg