Re: Border line topic: COLOR setup (panoramas, monitors calibration, ...)

  • guess
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
      I should add that there's some freeware tools for correcting gamma
      settings, and if you are publishing on the web sRGB is the standard.
      Nvidia supplies a utility for their video card and you might look in
      your display properties to see if your video has such an option.

      Gamma calibration essentially constructs a lookup table for your video
      card so for any color in the gamut it has a formula, so to speak, to
      produce that color on the monitor.

      Nothing beats a fresh monitor and a hardware calibration, but you can
      close enough with gamma that most people wouldn't see the difference.

      Mike