Visiting California

  • Yuval Levy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      Hi all,

      This summer Google has sponsored development of hugin, the most advanced
      open source panorama stitching engine, and of freepv, the first open
      source plug in to bring QTVR and SPi-V panoramas to Linux desktops and
      beyond in unmatched quality.

      Our team was successful in its endeavor - details will follow - so much
      so that we have been invited for the Summer of Code mentors summit on
      October 6 at Google's headquarters.

      Our delegation to the mentors summit will include:
      * Pablo d'Angelo, the initiator and main developer of hugin
      * Ken Turkowski, the inventor of QTVR and co-mentor on one of the
      student projects
      * Yuval Levy, the administrator of the initiative

      Pablo will be around for two more days after the summit and Don Bain
      hopes to organize a local meeting at which the features of hugin could
      be shown.

      I will stay around a bit longer and after the Bay Area will drive south
      to L.A. from where I fly back home. I'll be happy to share a drink and
      meet with local panorama photographers. Please contact me off-list.

      Thanks to everybody for your support, particularly to the students and
      mentors for the hard work, to Google for the sponsorship, and to Agnos
      Engineering for the extra bonus!

      Yuv