Re: Plugin and bandwidth detection

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Martin" <keith@...> wrote:

      > Sometime around 4/9/07 (at 12:58 +0000) Hans Nyberg said:
      >
      > >Countries who has got internet during the last 6-7 years have never
      > >heard of old type modems. They started with DSL and broadband like
      > >for example Korea who had 100% DSL when we in Denmark only had 20%
      >
      > Heh. That's really not true. Korea and Koreans were using the
      > Internet in the 1990s, and I *know* modems were used there! Sure, use
      > wasn't initially as widespread as it was in western Europe, the UK
      > and the US, but the Internet and dialup access was far from unknown.
      >
      > 100% DSL is impressive. I'm afraid it is also a figure I regard with
      > a small amount of suspicion.

      2002, 2% dialup, 68% DSL the rest seems to be different broadband access
      http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/ict/cs/korea/material/CS_KOR.pdf

      The DSL speed they have operated with has always been much faster than we have in
      Denmark.
      We actually have not had real Fast Speed connections until the last 2 years.
      We can still buy DSL with a speed of 160 kbit/s which is ridiculous and of course give
      Denmark a much better stat than it should have.
      Standard DSL is still only 512 or 1024