Re: [PanoToolsNG] Ptgui and Orthogonal panorama

  • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi Dave,

      Have you read 6.5:
      http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#6_5

      Alternatively you may be able to get a good result using the new
      viewpoint correction feature in PTGui Pro 7.3 beta. This was intended
      mostly for nadir images taken from a different camera position. Consider
      it experimental, I haven't tried yet, but it should work for orthogonal
      panoramas too:
      http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html

      Joost

      Dave 360texas.com wrote:
      > We are using PTgui 7.2 trying to stitch a long panel wall mural. I
      > guess thats called an Orthogonal.
      >
      > We are using a full 35mm sensor Canon 5d with a 19-24lens @ 19mm. We
      > measured the wall and calculated an image set with a 25 to 30%
      > overlap. 13 images. Because its an orthonal projection.. it does not
      > wrap around.
      >
      > PTgui used the EXIF data to determine that Lens Settings TAB it was a
      > Normal Rectilinear (Normal Lens) and Focal Length is 18.9mm.
      > Multiplyer is 1.005. Horizontal Field of View is 64.55 for each
      > image. Lens calculator told us the VFOV is 86.9 degrees.
      >
      > Panorama TAB shows a Field of View at 133 degrees x 86.9 degrees
      >
      > Alignment issues - No control points found. Had to manually place 3
      > each pair.
      >
      > Stitching issues - The images get rounded top and bottom instead of
      > near flat across top and bottom. Hard vertical and diagonal lines
      > refuse to align.
      >
      > I know this has to be a simple solution we are missing. Do not know
      > why PTgui thinks original near flat images must be warped.
      >
      > I'll try to stitch one of these and post a URL

    • Bruce Anderson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
        Dave,

        I would recommend "good old" Photovista for that especially considering
        the lens you have (not a fisheye).

        Bruce
      • Bruce Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          Dave,

          I would recommend "good old" Photovista for that especially considering
          the lens you have (not a fisheye).
          Just turn the "3d" off when you load images through My Computer.

          Bruce
        • Dave 360texas.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
            Sort of got it figured out. 2D and disable warping while using a lens
            file for 19mm. Warping was what was disrupting the stitching.

            Hope all is well in Japan today. Thanks for the tip.

            Dave

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Anderson <bruce@...> wrote:

            > Dave,
            >
            > I would recommend "good old" Photovista for that especially
            considering
            > the lens you have (not a fisheye).
            > Just turn the "3d" off when you load images through My Computer.
            >
            > Bruce

          • Kelly Scheimberg
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
              Please forgive my ignorance. How do you disable warping? Is there a menu path to a funtion
              that disables warping?

              Thanks.
              Kelly

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dave 360texas.com" <texas360dave@...> wrote:

              > Sort of got it figured out. 2D and disable warping while using a lens
              > file for 19mm. Warping was what was disrupting the stitching.
              >
              > Hope all is well in Japan today. Thanks for the tip.

            • Guillaume Fulchiron
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
                <texas360dave@...> wrote:

                > Sort of got it figured out. 2D and disable warping while using a lens
                > file for 19mm. Warping was what was disrupting the stitching.
                >
                > Hope all is well in Japan today. Thanks for the tip.
                >
                > Dave

                Hi Dave,
                I've tried following advice link Joost posted earlier but couldn't
                achieve successfuly.
                I've also got several images from a flat building wall I'd like to
                stitch as linear panorama using Ptgui pro 7.3.
                Would you mind to share you experience ?
                Thank tou.

                G.
              • Dave 360texas.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
                  iSeemedia Photovista stitching software has a "Turn off Warping"
                  feature.

                  Follow the instructions Paragraph 6.5 "How can I stitch flat images"
                  http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#6_5

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Scheimberg" <kelly@...>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
                    Thanks for the URL.