Re: My first pano

  • Peter Crowley
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 3, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

      > Peter Crowley wrote:
      > > Is there not a better way (more automated) way to do this?
      >
      > I use a fully automated method. what you see on that web page is just
      > the research that lead to that method.
      >
      > Yuv

      First, I forgot to thank you, Yuval, for bringing to my attention that
      there was a problem, and also for having a webpage describing how to
      fix it. You have been a great help to me on increasing my
      understanding of panoramas.

      Here is what I ended up doing in ImageMagick:
      <code>
      for FACE in front right back left up down
      do
      convert $FACE.tif -depth 8 -resize 1026 -quality 60% -unsharp
      "3x1+1.5" $FACE.jpg
      done
      # make a stripe of the cube faces (used by flashpanoramas player)
      convert -quality 100% front.jpg right.jpg back.jpg left.jpg up.jpg
      down.jpg +append $OUTFILE.jpg
      </code>

      I think it turned out better. I also tried to extend the contrast per
      bob-in-minnesota. I thought it was good before, but now I'm really
      proud. I wonder if it can get any better?
      http://www.rochmn.us/pano.php?name=park&size=Stripe
      -Peter