Re: [PanoToolsNG] New Panoramas for critique

  • Carel
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2 6:47 PM
      Rookie2 wrote:

      > How does the shimmering look on your computer with this panorama moving?
      >
      > Deval VR:
      > http://www.360mh.com/ns04_dv.html
      >
      > QTVR:
      > http://www.360mh.com/ns04.html
      >
      > Regarding the size, it got smaller than the others in the serie.
      > N.S. 01: 3062 KB
      > N.S. 02: 2675 KB
      > N.S. 03: 2309 KB
      > N.S. 04: 2154 KB
      >
      > Regards,
      > Mahmood

      Yes, it works as intended. The shimmering is not my main concern. it is just
      an indicator. File size SHOULD be a big concern, because broadband speed
      varies considerably from country to country and broadband speed is much
      slower between continents. I therefore usually also compress the tiles
      separately, compressing much more for the nadir unless there is something of
      interest to see there. Usually my compression is: Pano2QTvr quality setting:
      60 for Zenith (watch for banding in blue sky), 70 for four around and 40 for
      nadir. I also sharpen on a separate layer and then mask out all the
      unimportant parts.

      Carel Struycken