RE: Reasons NOT to post content on Google!

    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2007
      On Sunday, September 02, 2007 at 13:57, Chris Thomas wrote:

      > Google uses "Services" as a catch-all phrase. They've defined it as any
      > business activity they now,

      Why don't you simply tell us the URL? Ok, searching (with google ;-)
      reveals: http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?loc=US

      best regards
    • Yuval Levy
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2, 2007
        Thanks for clarifying, Chris.

        I did not know Google bought Panoramio. Last time I saw Panoramio the
        pictures in the service where such crap cluttering GoogleEarth that I
        decided to turn it off and have not missed it ever since.

        I don't know if Google's take over will do something to improve quality,
        but I 100% agree with your points about the (IMO unacceptable) terms and
        under such terms and conditions I am not inclined to post there.

        They could learn from Flickr (Yahoo) who has a more content producer
        friendly licensing which:
        1. reasonably restricts usage to the purpose for which the content was
        submitted or made available.
        2. gives content owners the right to terminate the license.

        I don't see much to discuss in Google's licensing terms posted earlier.
        As they stand they should be deal-killer for every serious content producer.

        Thank you, Google, for sponsoring hugin and freepv development, but NO
        THANKS, I won't post my content with you.

        Yuv