Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: How to show Panoramas on WindowsMobile6 PPC?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2 10:47 AM
      Sometime around 2/9/07 (at 12:58 -0400) Yuval Levy said:

      >for mobile computing / VR demo I would get an x86-based subnotebook
      >rather than a PDA with a weaker CPU.

      I certainly agree with regards to getting work done, but it is
      *incredibly* useful to be able to carry a VR demo machine around in
      my pocket.

      I wouldn't try to write an article on the iPhone, and I wouldn't use
      it for my main email machine either. But I would use it for *quick*
      messaging (SMS, IM, email), *simple* browsing, playing music... and
      of course making phone calls. :-)

      There is the concern of combining too many things and ending up with
      a jack-of-all-trades device. But I think the iPhone has trancended
      that; it is proving to be at least pretty good at its multiple core
      functions. I think it'd do me. And I'll just have to use the Ameo for
      VRs, dangit. :-)

    • Peter Braatz
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2 12:41 PM

        > Sometime around 2/9/07 (at 10:02 +0000) wardnet2001 said:
        > > Peter, are you saying you have the non-mobile,
        > standard version of Immervision's player working
        > on your WM6 phone?

        Hi Keith,

        no - not the Standard version is working on this PPC WM6. It´s the mobile version.

        Peter

        PS: i had a typo in my last mail:

        Hi,
        i can really - NOT - confirm that: i can not complain about the quality of panning on this
        device. It´s not as smooth as Spi-V, but to show people what this is all about quite ok! It´s
        very handy to have a small tool around to show as an image tells more than thousand
        words.