Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: How to show Panoramas on WindowsMobile6 PPC?

  • Yuval Levy
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
      Keith Martin wrote:
      > where's the UK iPhone?

      don't hold your breath - it currently does not play VR.

      Yuv
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
        Sometime around 2/9/07 (at 10:21 -0400) Yuval Levy said:

        >Keith Martin wrote:
        >> where's the UK iPhone?
        >
        >don't hold your breath - it currently does not play VR.

        Yes, very frustrating. But while the phone I have now can play VRs in
        a large 640x480 screen - it is really not much good at all as a
        phone! :-) I might just relegate it to being a pocket VR demo machine
        if I got (or rather when I get) an iPhone.

        (Although VR support in some way in the iPhone would be absolutely
        wonderful. Of course.)

      • Yuval Levy
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
          Keith Martin wrote:
          > Yes, very frustrating. But while the phone I have now can play VRs in
          > a large 640x480 screen - it is really not much good at all as a
          > phone! :-) I might just relegate it to being a pocket VR demo machine
          > if I got (or rather when I get) an iPhone.

          in German there is this amazing concept of the eierlegende Wollmilchsau
          <http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eierlegende_Wollmilchsau> - can't have an
          animal that is good at laying eggs, producing wool and milk and still be
          a pork.

          for the phone, I would just buy a phone with bluetooth and long battery
          life (I am very happy with my seven years old Nokia 6310i - b&w screen
          and no polydisturbing sound, although one that has a proper MP3 player
          inside could be a bonus).

          for mobile computing / VR demo I would get an x86-based subnotebook
          rather than a PDA with a weaker CPU.

          no place in my world for PDAs nor for smartphones since x86-based
          subnotebook have enough juice to go through the day and proper
          WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity with a proper display in a form factor
          equivalent to PDAs.

          Yuv
        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
            Sometime around 2/9/07 (at 12:58 -0400) Yuval Levy said:

            >for mobile computing / VR demo I would get an x86-based subnotebook
            >rather than a PDA with a weaker CPU.

            I certainly agree with regards to getting work done, but it is
            *incredibly* useful to be able to carry a VR demo machine around in
            my pocket.

            I wouldn't try to write an article on the iPhone, and I wouldn't use
            it for my main email machine either. But I would use it for *quick*
            messaging (SMS, IM, email), *simple* browsing, playing music... and
            of course making phone calls. :-)

            There is the concern of combining too many things and ending up with
            a jack-of-all-trades device. But I think the iPhone has trancended
            that; it is proving to be at least pretty good at its multiple core
            functions. I think it'd do me. And I'll just have to use the Ameo for
            VRs, dangit. :-)

          • Peter Braatz
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007

              > Sometime around 2/9/07 (at 10:02 +0000) wardnet2001 said:
              > > Peter, are you saying you have the non-mobile,
              > standard version of Immervision's player working
              > on your WM6 phone?

              Hi Keith,

              no - not the Standard version is working on this PPC WM6. It´s the mobile version.

              Peter

              PS: i had a typo in my last mail:

              Hi,
              i can really - NOT - confirm that: i can not complain about the quality of panning on this
              device. It´s not as smooth as Spi-V, but to show people what this is all about quite ok! It´s
              very handy to have a small tool around to show as an image tells more than thousand
              words.