Re: New Panoramas for critique

  • Mahmood Hamidi
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2 4:19 AM
      --- "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

      > It is much better to make corrected RAW-conversions (I really hope you
      > work with RAW and 16-bit TIFFs) and restitch using the script you
      > already have.

      Well, I corrected the saturation on my "almost finished" pano.
      It was 16-bit tiff, extracted from RAW though, all the way to the
      stiched pano.

      Mahmood
    • Carel
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2 6:47 PM
        Rookie2 wrote:

        > How does the shimmering look on your computer with this panorama moving?
        >
        > Deval VR:
        > http://www.360mh.com/ns04_dv.html
        >
        > QTVR:
        > http://www.360mh.com/ns04.html
        >
        > Regarding the size, it got smaller than the others in the serie.
        > N.S. 01: 3062 KB
        > N.S. 02: 2675 KB
        > N.S. 03: 2309 KB
        > N.S. 04: 2154 KB
        >
        > Regards,
        > Mahmood

        Yes, it works as intended. The shimmering is not my main concern. it is just
        an indicator. File size SHOULD be a big concern, because broadband speed
        varies considerably from country to country and broadband speed is much
        slower between continents. I therefore usually also compress the tiles
        separately, compressing much more for the nadir unless there is something of
        interest to see there. Usually my compression is: Pano2QTvr quality setting:
        60 for Zenith (watch for banding in blue sky), 70 for four around and 40 for
        nadir. I also sharpen on a separate layer and then mask out all the
        unimportant parts.

        Carel Struycken