Re: Annotating Gigapixel Images

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

      > I have checked the Javascript code delivered with the Microsoft
      HDView
      > plugin and found a way to sort-of annotate the panorama. You can read
      > more about it here:
      > http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/annotating-gigapixel-
      images-using.html

      > I'd appreciate opinions about the usability of such a feature...

      It works fine and fast ... it would be an improvement to have a
      capability of panning/zooming into the target ... so you can work in a
      wide view. Then you would need to have a zoom out feature I guess
      before panning/zooming in to the next target. Akin to the way Google
      Earth implements a tour.

      Peter
    • Bernhard Vogl
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hello Peter,

        I also thought of something like that. The viewer doesn't give that
        option, so you would have to program it yourself which is a little too
        much for me as a non-programmer. Let's see if enough people request such
        a feature to be implemented in the future... ;-)

        Bernhard