Annotating Gigapixel Images

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      I have checked the Javascript code delivered with the Microsoft HDView
      plugin and found a way to sort-of annotate the panorama. You can read
      more about it here:
      http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/annotating-gigapixel-images-using.html

      I'd appreciate opinions about the usability of such a feature...

      Best regards
      Bernhard
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

        > I have checked the Javascript code delivered with the Microsoft
        HDView
        > plugin and found a way to sort-of annotate the panorama. You can read
        > more about it here:
        > http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/annotating-gigapixel-
        images-using.html

        > I'd appreciate opinions about the usability of such a feature...

        It works fine and fast ... it would be an improvement to have a
        capability of panning/zooming into the target ... so you can work in a
        wide view. Then you would need to have a zoom out feature I guess
        before panning/zooming in to the next target. Akin to the way Google
        Earth implements a tour.

        Peter
      • Bernhard Vogl
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
          Hello Peter,

          I also thought of something like that. The viewer doesn't give that
          option, so you would have to program it yourself which is a little too
          much for me as a non-programmer. Let's see if enough people request such
          a feature to be implemented in the future... ;-)

          Bernhard