Hotspots linking QTVR panos not working in IE???

  • Scott Witte
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2007
      I'm having trouble building a VR tour with linked QTVR panos -- at least
      when it comes to working correctly in IE7 on the PC! Each pano has
      hotspots linking it to other panos in the tour. Clicking the hotspot
      opens the URL for that pano's page, but I want it to open in the same
      window rather than creating a new window. Everything works fine in
      Firefox and Safari but IE 7 insists on opening a new window. How do I
      prevent this.

      You can see what I'm talking about from the preview site,
      http://www.scottwitte.com/QTVR/Eisner/

      Notice that if you hit the previous or next link it opens the
      corresponding page in the same window. So obviously IE is capable of
      doing what I want. But if you click a hotspot it opens a new window to
      display the page. What's more, if IE isn't your default browser it opens
      that page in the default browser, not IE. This is also true if I specify
      that the link should open a new window. There seems to be a problem with
      how QT passes URLs to IE. That appears no such problem with Firefox and
      Safari.

      The site is built using Pano2QTVR and I've tried several syntaxes to
      pass the URL. I've tried Pano2QTVR's suggestion: <Page.html>T<myself>. I
      have also used just the page URL by itself and used something closer to
      the html wording (target="_self") in several variations. All work in
      Firefox and Safari. None seem to work in IE7.

      Other than dumping QT and moving to Flash or Java, :-) is there a way
      to make this work in IE7???

      Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      --
      Scott Witte