Re: MAC or PC?

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 27, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:

      > Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I must know
      > if a MAC is really much better than PC.
      > I know that a MAC has much more imaging software than PC, and they are much
      > easier to deal with. but what's making me think about it is how faster a MAC
      > can be when processing images.
      > I spend about 10 or 15 minutes to stich the images to get an equire. And
      > that's one of the many steps to get the final output.

      A couple of weeks ago we made a speedtest in this forum.
      http://lookineverydirection.com/projects/ptgui_speedtest/

      Here are the results of similar machines on Mac and Win.
      They speak for them self

      MACBooK pro 15" 2.33 GHz intel core 2 duo: 1.05
      MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz: 1.09
      Mac Pro 8-core Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3gHz: 29 sec

      X86-based PCIntel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz: 2.38
      CORE2 x86 GenuineIntel ~2393 Mhz: 1.50
      DualCore x86 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3 AuthenticAMD ~2812 Mhz: 1.40

      These tests was made on a setup with only 3 images using Panotools warping in PTGui.
      The difference is seen mainly in the warping times which means that you will get much
      larger differences if you do panos with many images.