Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re:electrical rotating device ( a dream only ? )

  • Jook Leung
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 27, 2007
      Yes, I've tried it with the Zap shot remote. The wired remote for the
      VRDrive can be simply be rewired to close an open switch with the Zap
      shot. I also have an Adidt M1 in my bag for backup. Normally I use a
      Microsync remote with my 5D.
      http://www.microsyncdigital.com/index.cfm

      Jook

      On Aug 27, 2007, at 1:54 AM, thomas_krueger_panoviews wrote:

      > Jook,
      >
      > is it possible to use a wireless radio control like the
      > http://www.zap-shot.com or a Pocket Wizard to trigger the Seitz VR
      > Drive?
      >
      > The Zap-Shot works on the Canon 5D via the remote cable release
      > Adidt M1.

      Jook Leung Photography
      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      Web: http://360vr.com
      E-mail: jook@...
      Mobile: 201 679 6177

    • Andrey Ilyin
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 27, 2007
        Regarding inexpensive wireless remotes - I have bought http://
        tinyurl.com/39wxaw and very pleased with performance. Around $30 with
        shipping to Russia!

        Andrey
      • bigwade
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 28, 2007
          With the 300N handy, I can also use the click stops quickly for when I
          don't want to go
          through the setup time of the VRDrive.

          Hi Jook,
          Q: isn't the last setting, lets say 360degr, 4 shots, saved in the rotator
          memory ?
          In other words, do you have to program the motor every time after "power
          off"
          Have Fun

        • Jook Leung
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 28, 2007
            The VRDrive does holds its settings after power off. I like the
            manual touch when you have to wait between shots because of people
            coming and going.

            Best,
            Jook