Working on VR tour showing India

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2007
      I'm trying to set up some VR tours from my trips to India, right now
      I'm using a flash slideshow and QuickTime which may not be the best
      way to go.

      For the links in QuickTime I have not been able to use a link like
      this javascript:bigfenster(`jaipur/jaigarh_fort.html') to have it
      open up full screen.

      I tried putting the javascript:bigfenster link in the html page but
      that did not work earthier. How are other people getting them to open
      full screen in QuickTime?

      Also I noticed that in Internet Explore 7 you end up with a lot of
      windows opened when traveling from link to link on one of these tours.

      Anyway here is what I'm working on:
      For now the only hotspots that I have done are from the Jaigarh Fort
      to the Old Fort Wall.
      http://www.indiavrtours.com/jaipur/ss_jaipur.html

      I will be going back and redoing the hotspots from the Jaigarh Fort
      along with adding a few more.

      Thanks for looking,
      Roger Berry
    • jann_lipka
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2007
        It looks and works good on my Mac,
        From what I see it is just 2 panos at the moment ?
        Navigation is consistent , but it takes a while to get a grip on it.

        Nice views ,

        What pole / camera / head / lens have you used for those
        ( smart placement of yourself, it took me a long while to discover ... )
      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007
          The camera I was using is a Canon 20D with the newer Sigma 8mm lens.
          The pole is a K-Tek carbon fiber boom pole that goes from less than 4
          feet to about 17 feet. My pano head is homemade.
          For this Jaipur VR tour I'm starting to play around with Flash, here
          is a large one that I just did as a test.
          http://www.indiavrtours.com/jaipur/fort2/fort.swf

          Roger Berry

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jann_lipka" <jann@...> wrote:

          > It looks and works good on my Mac,
          > From what I see it is just 2 panos at the moment ?
          > Navigation is consistent , but it takes a while to get a grip on it.
          >
          > Nice views ,
          >

          > What pole / camera / head / lens have you used for those
          > ( smart placement of yourself, it took me a long while to
          discover ... )

        • jann_lipka
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 25, 2007
            Your flash file looks very good here, in Safari , on a 24 inch G5 system ,
            smooth movement .
            As for the pole, I never thought there is a jungle of MIchrophone poles, K- tek looks a bit
            expensive ( I'm sure it is great , is Microphone mount the same as 3/8 camera thread ?
          • Roger Berry
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 25, 2007
              The end of the K-Tek boom pole has 3/8 threads, I use a 3/8 to 1/4
              adapter on the end when needed. Yes this pole is expensive just like
              getting a new lens or any other quality piece of equipment, it all
              depends one how much use you will get out of it, and I use this pole
              a lot. It's very easy to travel with and take on airplanes. I did get
              about $100 off when I pick it up at their shop.
              In this photo, #4, 5 & 6 shows my rig mounted on the K-Tek pole.
              http://camelphotos.com/pic/panohead4.jpg

              Roger Berry

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jann_lipka" <jann@...> wrote:

              > Your flash file looks very good here, in Safari , on a 24 inch G5
              system ,
              > smooth movement .
              > As for the pole, I never thought there is a jungle of MIchrophone
              poles, K- tek looks a bit
              > expensive ( I'm sure it is great , is Microphone mount the same as
              3/8 camera thread ?

            • Klaus Hilsenbeck
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 25, 2007
                > Roger Berry wrote:

                > In this photo, #4, 5 & 6 shows my rig mounted on the K-Tek pole.
                > http://camelphotos.com/pic/panohead4.jpg

                Roger, I'm curious about this curved metal bar
                which looks like a lightning rod (to be seen in pic #5 and 6).
                What is it for ?
                Saludos, Klaus
              • Roger Berry
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 25, 2007
                  I'm making some changes in the bar and I hope to post some photos of
                  it in action soon.
                  What it's for is getting low shots quickly and keeping everything
                  center, next time in India I would to make some panos at the rat
                  temple at eye level with the rats. There's also a number of other
                  tricks I should be able to do with it!

                  Cheers,
                  Roger Berry