New Costco panorama printing maschines

  • Mathew Hargreaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      This message is also being posted here besides the Google PTgui
      newsgroup.
      I was at the Tukwila Costco, south of Seattle, near Southcenter,
      two days ago. They are installing a new digital printer. It is made by
      Noritsu and model number OSS-3411 Pro.
      This new digital printer will be able to do 12 x 36 prints for
      an estimated $6 per print. This will only be for Gloss or Lustre paper
      as they do not stock Matte paper.
      You can expect that all of the Costco's that do photo printing
      will be getting a similar machine installed at some point in time.
      The lack of matte paper for photos is their only weakness. There
      had been some color issues regarding reproduction at one time. This
      was due to them having an "automatic contrast" color adjustment in
      use. This was stopped with people bringing in their own adjusted color
      images.
      I have been using the cheap $3 12 x 18 prints to check panorama
      stitching. It was something I could afford for photo printing.
      Having not submitted photos to any contest before, I submitted
      six images, some stitched, to the juried International Exhibit at the
      Puyallup Fair. In a week or so I will know if any got in for display.
      I do not care if I win or lose, just a chance to see them on display.
      Rather than stuck in one of my photo albums.

      CHEERS...Mathew