Re: Not enough detail to set control points

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "LoveFilm" <lovefilm@...> wrote:

      > Should I just arbitrarily set points in the images where I can't
      > find defining areas and trust the auto point matcher ?

      You don't say how the shots were taken, but you were probably
      reasonably methodical and used a tripod and head, in which case it
      may be possible to estimate the y,p,r values of the problem images.
      All the images in a row will have the same pitch and roll values, so
      all you have to do is estimate the yaw value of an image based on the
      yaw values of its neighbours. Then enter these values manually. It
      will be best if you initially perform an optimization of a row of the
      main images with linked pitch and roll parameters.

      After positioning the problem images manually, you can level the
      panorama using the features in the panorama editor window.
      Alternatively, stitch the panorama and start a new project with the
      output image, on which you can assign t1 and t2 points.

      John