My new pano head

  • bisacchi2
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 15 10:30 AM
      Hi people, I have a the Manfrotto 303SPH pano head.

      What I have to say about it is that in one way I'm happy with it; I
      mean, it gives me a great precision, etc... but I can't deny that it is
      too big and heavy. I can't take it to wherever I want and in some cases
      it's impossible to shoot a panorama because it requires a huge space to
      place a tripod with this pano head mounted on it...

      So, I went out looking for new pano heads and I've found out two that
      I've liked.

      360 Precision and Nodal Ninja 3.

      360 Precision looks to be the best choice but it is an expensive
      solution, then I've got only one choice - NN3.

      Does anybody use it? Is it precise and customizable (6 stops, 8 stops...
      zenith and nadir)?? Is it easy to use?

      Does anybody think that I should pay for the 360 Precision??

      Thank you all!
      Renato de O. Bisacchi
    • dorindxn
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 15 10:42 AM
        Hi I highly reccomend NN3, still you didn't state your camera and
        lens, the NN3 is maybe the smallest panohead on the market, you
        should check the camera and lens compatilbility on nodalninja.com
        website first, About precision and other stuff.
        They have a great customer support and a 30 day moneyback guarantee I
        think that worth a trial instead I telling you about that.

        My panos at www.dxn.ro are made with NN3

        Dorin

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bisacchi2" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:

        > Hi people, I have a the Manfrotto 303SPH pano head.
        >
        > What I have to say about it is that in one way I'm happy with it; I
        > mean, it gives me a great precision, etc... but I can't deny that
        it is
        > too big and heavy. I can't take it to wherever I want and in some
        cases
        > it's impossible to shoot a panorama because it requires a huge
        space to
        > place a tripod with this pano head mounted on it...
        >
        > So, I went out looking for new pano heads and I've found out two
        that
        > I've liked.
        >
        > 360 Precision and Nodal Ninja 3.
        >
        > 360 Precision looks to be the best choice but it is an expensive
        > solution, then I've got only one choice - NN3.
        >
        > Does anybody use it? Is it precise and customizable (6 stops, 8
        stops...
        > zenith and nadir)?? Is it easy to use?
        >
        > Does anybody think that I should pay for the 360 Precision??
        >
        > Thank you all!
        > Renato de O. Bisacchi

      • John Houghton
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 15 11:24 AM
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bisacchi2" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:

          > 360 Precision looks to be the best choice but it is an expensive
          > solution, then I've got only one choice - NN3.
          >
          > Does anybody use it? Is it precise and customizable (6 stops, 8
          > stops... zenith and nadir)?? Is it easy to use?

          The NN3 is an excellent choice - very good value for money, and light
          and portable into the bargain. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
          It would suit your D80 + Nikkor 10.5mm combination very well. Changing
          between 6 stops and 8 stops invloves inverting the detent disc and is a
          bit fiddly. Of course, it doesn't attempt to provide the same level of
          precision as the 360 Precision head and will not do template stitching
          without control points. So it all depends on what level of precision
          you are looking for.

          John
        • Robert C. Fisher
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 15 11:40 AM
            On Aug 15, 2007, at 10:30 AM, bisacchi2 wrote:

            > Hi people, I have a the Manfrotto 303SPH pano head.
            >
            > What I have to say about it is that in one way I'm happy with it; I
            > mean, it gives me a great precision, etc... but I can't deny that
            > it is
            > too big and heavy. I can't take it to wherever I want and in some
            > cases
            > it's impossible to shoot a panorama because it requires a huge
            > space to
            > place a tripod with this pano head mounted on it...
            That's when you use a monopod rig. You will never find one pano head
            that will do everything you want. So the answer is to have several
            rigs for different situations.

            > So, I went out looking for new pano heads and I've found out two that
            > I've liked.
            >
            > 360 Precision and Nodal Ninja 3.
            360 P is a great head but heavy. I have the Absolute and it's awesome
            but it's even heavier than my old head, my custom Bogen Frankenhead.
            I bought a NN3 but I am waiting for a QR plate for it, it so cool
            since it's tiny and very light but well made.

            > 360 Precision looks to be the best choice but it is an expensive
            > solution, then I've got only one choice - NN3.
            >
            > Does anybody use it? Is it precise and customizable (6 stops, 8
            > stops...
            > zenith and nadir)?? Is it easy to use?
            I think if you buy the kit it comes with all the dodads, mine did. it
            has a complete set of detent rings and spare pins and allen screws.
            It looks very easy to use and adjustable. It most likely won't very
            precise but you don't really need that if you aren't doing demanding
            commercial work. Commercial work is all about time and money my
            personal work isn't so I don't mind spending as much time as it takes
            to make an image I like.

            > Does anybody think that I should pay for the 360 Precision??
            It really depends, if you are doing commercial work, or have a very
            liberal budget, where you need absolute repeatability then that's
            what you need other wise the NN3 is a great head. Besides it's not
            the gear that make the image.

            > Thank you all!
            > Renato de O. Bisacchi

            Cheers
            Robert C. Fisher
            VR Photography/Cinematography
          • jann_lipka
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 15 12:51 PM
              I'm in the same position as Renato ,
              owning Manfrotto rig , and it is a heavy beast ,
              so I thought I would consider NN3 , OTOH

              I will be using Canon 5 D with Tokina 10-17 hopefully very soon , and this combination is
              not on the NN list .
              ( I guess this setup is more heavy then Nikon D80 + 10.5 ... )

              For 5D + Tokina I see no custom pano brackets ( from Agno or elsewher )
              either ...
            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 15 1:19 PM
                Sometime around 15/8/07 (at 17:30 +0000) bisacchi2 said:

                >Does anybody think that I should pay for the 360 Precision??

                Check weights if that's critical. But the 360Precision Absolute is an
                absolutely stunning head; fast, rock-solid and awesomely precise. I
                hope to test the Adjuste at some point, but the Absolute is, well,
                absolutely great. You get one with the parts designed for your camera
                and lens combination, but you can use different rotation 'detente'
                rings for different click-stop rotation points.

                Sure, not cheap. You'll have to figure out where you want to spend your money.

                All I can say is that, with things in general and when it comes to
                creating panoramas in particular, having the best equipment you can
                afford is rarely, if ever, a mistake. :-)

              • Carel
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 15 1:35 PM
                  jann lipka wrote:

                  > .....<snip>....
                  > I will be using Canon 5 D with Tokina 10-17 hopefully very soon , and
                  > this combination is
                  > not on the NN list .
                  > ...<snip...

                  Unless you need the "templatability" of the 360Precision, I would go with
                  the NN3. I use it for both the 350D/8mm and the 5D/10.5mm. The Tokina
                  10-17mm should work fine on the NN3.

                  Carel Struycken

                • Luca Vascon
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 15 2:18 PM
                    Not on the site yet, but there IS an Agnos ring for the 10-17.
                    We have rings for:
                    4.88mm Coastal
                    8mm Sigma f4 and f3.5
                    8mm Nikkor 2,8
                    10-20 Sigma
                    10-22 Canon
                    10-17 tokina
                    10.5 Nikkor.

                    We will have one for 8mm peleng.

                    AND we will present SOON a little, compact, lightweight professional
                    panohead in the same line of TCP.
                    In some weeks even a brand new hi-precision rotator will see the light.

                    jann_lipka ha scritto:

                    > I'm in the same position as Renato ,
                    > owning Manfrotto rig , and it is a heavy beast ,
                    > so I thought I would consider NN3 , OTOH
                    >
                    > I will be using Canon 5 D with Tokina 10-17 hopefully very soon , and
                    > this combination is
                    > not on the NN list .
                    > ( I guess this setup is more heavy then Nikon D80 + 10.5 ... )
                    >
                    > For 5D + Tokina I see no custom pano brackets ( from Agno or elsewher )
                    > either ...

                  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 15 6:08 PM
                      Well, Luca, we're waiting!! Where can we see the ring for the 10-17
                      Tokina? Will there be anytime soon a ring for the Zenitar? ;-)
                      Regards,
                      Rodolpho Pajuaba

                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 15 8:55 PM
                        Thank you all for your help!!

                        Yes, I will be using either NN3 or 360P with a Nikon D80 and a Nikkor
                        10,5mm.

                        After all messages posted by this topic, I'll go for the NN3. I will buy
                        it right now, and when I get it I will post a message here with soume
                        links so you can see the results.

                        I'll be using it for professional work. I remember someone saying that
                        360 Precision is much more accurate and it's possible to use templates
                        to stitch the images taken. I know that it will be much more easier but
                        for now... I don't have that money!! Hopefully I'll sell a lot of panos
                        and then I'll be able to buy it!! ehehhe

                        Thanks again and good panos for you all!!

                        Renato
                      • jann_lipka
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 23 9:07 AM
                          Luca ,
                          with so many exciting new products ..
                          Eny hint on when the new offerings ( precision head etc )
                          would be Available from Agnos ?

                          I got my Tokina 10-17 now ( ridiculous - there was no way to order it here in Sweden ,
                          I got it from BH, cheaper and within 3 days including transatlantic freight ... ) ,
                          and will be shaving it any day ,

                          I need badly light Pano rig :-) ( and a pole I think )

                          September is still OK for shooting outside , but oktober can be very cold ..

                          here is a view from my studio window ( yes it is me in the picture )
                          three mine sweepers of swedish navy parked outside - recent monday .

                          http://www.lipka.se/special/panos/arholma_stadsgard.mov
                          regards
                        • Luca Vascon
                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 24 12:05 AM
                            Beautyful sweden!!!
                            The ring is ready, just mail to Agnos to order it, for the new "Hugin
                            summer of code" head timing is september, half september the commercial
                            version called MrotatorU, as well as a RotatorT MK3 and the poles (they
                            are out of stock right now). A precise "top of the line" head is still
                            coming out of my pencil, will be another full redesign. ;-P
                            As well, I can tell you that a little MrotatorM+the ring or the
                            MrotatorU WILL make a precise head.

                            jann_lipka ha scritto:

                            > Luca ,
                            > with so many exciting new products ..
                            > Eny hint on when the new offerings ( precision head etc )
                            > would be Available from Agnos ?
                            >
                            > I got my Tokina 10-17 now ( ridiculous - there was no way to order it
                            > here in Sweden ,
                            > I got it from BH, cheaper and within 3 days including transatlantic
                            > freight ... ) ,
                            > and will be shaving it any day ,
                            >
                            > I need badly light Pano rig :-) ( and a pole I think )
                            >
                            > September is still OK for shooting outside , but oktober can be very
                            > cold ..
                            >
                            > here is a view from my studio window ( yes it is me in the picture )
                            > three mine sweepers of swedish navy parked outside - recent monday .
                            >
                            > http://www.lipka.se/special/panos/arholma_stadsgard.mov
                            > <http://www.lipka.se/special/panos/arholma_stadsgard.mov>
                            > regards

                          • jann_lipka
                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 24 10:59 AM
                              Luca
                              I got a quick answer from Agnos,
                              "for your setup the best is RingT1017T. with Rotator "M" or "T"
                              or TCPshort"
                              That means choices, so I'm in trouble .

                              Unfortunately it is
                              " chiuso per ferie " until end of August ...

                              Lets hope I could see images of those items on the web site ...

                              I feel good today , I got my Tokina yesterday , and now it is shaved .

                              http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/Jann_Lipka/Tokina_shave_2941.jpg

                              By myself. ( Ok , I bought very expensive GERMAN sawblades as a security measure .. )

                              I have tried three repair shops , and all of them were reluctant to destroy a new lens ...

                              I want a ring and a monopode NOW :-)
                            • Luca Vascon
                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 25 1:22 AM
                                Well... the Mrotator M is the little microrotator, very strong clicks
                                and high precision, the old one has 6 clicks, the forthcoming 12.
                                To use on a monopod you can buy the bare ring with 3/8 adapter, and the
                                rotator with the 3/8 male adapter aside to use when you are on tripod.
                                I'm sometimes letting the Mrotator M on even on tripod, I give 2turns of
                                red electric tape to lock the rotation (the M has no locking) and let's go!
                                The Mrotator T is the large rotator, variable clickstops etc.
                                The TCP short is the "normal" panohead, you can attatch that too.

                                jann_lipka ha scritto:

                                > Luca
                                > I got a quick answer from Agnos,
                                > "for your setup the best is RingT1017T. with Rotator "M" or "T"
                                > or TCPshort"
                                > That means choices, so I'm in trouble .
                                >
                                > Unfortunately it is
                                > " chiuso per ferie " until end of August ...
                                >
                                > Lets hope I could see images of those items on the web site ...
                                >

                                > I feel good today , I got my Tokina yesterday , and now it is shaved .
                                >
                                > http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/Jann_Lipka/Tokina_shave_2941.jpg
                                > <http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/Jann_Lipka/Tokina_shave_2941.jpg>
                                >
                                > By myself. ( Ok , I bought very expensive GERMAN sawblades as a
                                > security measure .. )
                                >
                                > I have tried three repair shops , and all of them were reluctant to
                                > destroy a new lens ...
                                >
                                > I want a ring and a monopode NOW :-)

                              • Renato Bisacchi
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 25 7:51 PM
                                  Hi people!

                                  I am looking for a noise reduction software. I found about "Neat Image".

                                  I've downloaded it and tried out the demo. It really gives me great results!
                                  And now I'm willing to buy it. But before, as always, I'm asking you all if
                                  this is the best option. I already read about noise reduction and a lot of
                                  people say that's the best option. do you all agree?

                                  Thanks!

                                  Renato

                                  www.videoesfera.com.br

                                • Jaume LLorens [eldimoni.com]
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 26 1:22 PM
                                    Hi Renato,
                                    I think Noise Ninja is a very good software for this proposit:
                                    http://www.picturecode.com/

                                    Hope it helps.
                                    jaume

                                    En/na Renato Bisacchi ha escrit:

                                    > Hi people!
                                    >
                                    > I am looking for a noise reduction software. I found about "Neat Image".
                                    >
                                    > I've downloaded it and tried out the demo. It really gives me great
                                    > results!
                                    > And now I'm willing to buy it. But before, as always, I'm asking you
                                    > all if
                                    > this is the best option. I already read about noise reduction and a lot of
                                    > people say that's the best option. do you all agree?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks!
                                    >
                                    > Renato
                                    >
                                    > www.videoesfera.com.br

                                  • erik leeman
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 26 1:47 PM
                                      I use NoiseNinja too, and I'm quite happy with it, but DON'T use it
                                      with the default values from their database or everything will look
                                      like it's made of plastic! If I have shot at 1600ISO with my 5D I'll
                                      use the 800 or 600ISO settings instead, with very nice results.

                                      Regards,

                                      erik leeman
                                    • Charlie Hubbard
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 26 4:15 PM
                                        I'm not familiar with NoiseNinja, but I do use Neat Image. One feature
                                        of Neat Image that I appreciate, is the ability to make custom camera
                                        profiles. This process is pretty simple. Neat Image puts a special
                                        test pattern up on the screen and then you photograph it (out of focus)
                                        at a variety of different ISO settings (and any other settings you might
                                        want to change -- but ISO is the biggie). Later you feed these images
                                        back to Neat Image, and let it profile them. For each image, you save a
                                        custom configuration for your camera and specific ISO setting. Later,
                                        you can recall these as needed. Works quite well! The built-in
                                        auto-profiling also works quite well, but it can not be used on every
                                        image. Many images don't have areas of sufficiently low detail to allow
                                        auto-profiling. In that case, fall back on your custom camera profiles.
                                        Finally, you'll probably find that you're happier with the final
                                        result, if you apply noise reduction before local contrast adjustments
                                        and/or sharpening (although if your image can be auto-profiled, Neat
                                        Image can still do a good job after these steps).

                                        Just my two cents. As usual, your milage may vary.

                                        Charlie Hubbard

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 27 1:19 AM
                                          On Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 23:51, Renato Bisacchi wrote:

                                          > I've downloaded it and tried out the demo. It really gives me great results!
                                          > And now I'm willing to buy it. But before, as always, I'm asking you all if
                                          > this is the best option. I already read about noise reduction and a lot of
                                          > people say that's the best option. do you all agree?

                                          Some info is found on http://wiki.panotools.org/Noise_Removal
                                          For a comparison and test of the main programs follow the link to
                                          Michael Almond's page...

                                          best regards

                                        • Renato Bisacchi
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 27 7:22 AM
                                            Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I must know
                                            if a MAC is really much better than PC.

                                            I know that a MAC has much more imaging software than PC, and they are much
                                            easier to deal with. but what's making me think about it is how faster a MAC
                                            can be when processing images.

                                            I spend about 10 or 15 minutes to stich the images to get an equire. And
                                            that's one of the many steps to get the final output.

                                            What do you think about it? Would you sell your PC to buy an iMAC? (I know
                                            that we can run Windows within a MAC ;-))

                                            Best regards,

                                            Renato

                                          • Mickael Therer
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 27 7:25 AM
                                              Hi Renato,

                                              I've used both Noise Ninja and Neat Image, but since I've discovered
                                              Noiseware pro (http://www.imagenomic.com/) my Neat Ninjas have stayed put.

                                              -mickael

                                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...>
                                              wrote:

                                              > Hi people!
                                              >

                                              > I am looking for a noise reduction software. I found about "Neat Image".
                                              >

                                              > I've downloaded it and tried out the demo. It really gives me great
                                              results!
                                              > And now I'm willing to buy it. But before, as always, I'm asking you
                                              all if
                                              > this is the best option. I already read about noise reduction and a
                                              lot of
                                              > people say that's the best option. do you all agree?
                                              >

                                              > Thanks!
                                              >
                                              > Renato
                                              >
                                              > www.videoesfera.com.br

                                            • Renato Bisacchi
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Aug 27 7:40 AM
                                                Mackael, I downloaded the noiseware pro... this is good!!

                                                I think that the noiseware pro output is quite same as the neat image, but
                                                the thing is that we have much more control over it and it is much, much
                                                faster that Neat Image!!

                                                As you said, our “Neat Ninjas” will have to wait a little!!

                                                Thanks,

                                                Renato

                                                Enviada em: segunda-feira, 27 de agosto de 2007 11:26
                                                Para: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                                Assunto: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Noise Reduction Software

                                                "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...>
                                                wrote:

                                                > Hi people!
                                                >

                                                > I am looking for a noise reduction software. I found about "Neat Image".
                                                >

                                                > I've downloaded it and tried out the demo. It really gives me great
                                                results!
                                                > And now I'm willing to buy it. But before, as always, I'm asking you
                                                all if
                                                > this is the best option. I already read about noise reduction and a
                                                lot of
                                                > people say that's the best option. do you all agree?
                                                >

                                                > Thanks!
                                                >
                                                > Renato
                                                >
                                                > www.videoesfera.com.br

                                                _____

                                                Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail <http://mail.terra.com.br/>
                                                Protegido Terra.
                                                Scan engine: McAfee VirusScan / Atualizado em 24/08/2007 / Versão:
                                                5.1.00/5105
                                                Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://mail.terra.com.br/

                                              • panokaemena@mac.com
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Aug 27 8:30 AM
                                                  Ciao Renato

                                                  As a Mac Owner User among 300000 PC users in my company I have to
                                                  say get a Mac.....

                                                  No virus problem no malware problem no antivirus software and so on
                                                  No reformating ( my PC got very slow......). More productivity due to
                                                  a better OS.

                                                  Software is not a big consideration nowadays there is a lot
                                                  available for Mac and for PC

                                                  The speed of the current Macs is in nothing behind of a common PC..
                                                  Stitching of a 5000/2500 equirect takes about 1-2 min

                                                  and a Mac is for sure much nicer than a DULL alike box.

                                                  And as you said if there is a PC software which you think is
                                                  absolutely necessary for you.... run it on your Mac....

                                                  Willy

                                                  On Aug 27, 2007, at 17:22, Renato Bisacchi wrote:

                                                  > Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I
                                                  > must know
                                                  > if a MAC is really much better than PC.
                                                  >
                                                  > I know that a MAC has much more imaging software than PC, and they
                                                  > are much
                                                  > easier to deal with. but what's making me think about it is how
                                                  > faster a MAC
                                                  > can be when processing images.
                                                  >
                                                  > I spend about 10 or 15 minutes to stich the images to get an
                                                  > equire. And
                                                  > that's one of the many steps to get the final output.
                                                  >
                                                  > What do you think about it? Would you sell your PC to buy an iMAC?
                                                  > (I know
                                                  > that we can run Windows within a MAC ;-))
                                                  >
                                                  > Best regards,
                                                  >
                                                  > Renato

                                                • Steve Climpson
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Aug 27 11:21 AM
                                                    On 27/8/07 15:22, "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I must know
                                                    > if a MAC is really much better than PC.

                                                    We run both systems but much prefer macs for ease of use, friendlier and
                                                    less techie interface and overall sophistication of the OS. The designed
                                                    look of the interface is IMO better if you spend all day long at a screen.
                                                    It's no surprise that most professional creatives prefer mac and its nothing
                                                    to do with being faster or slower but it is to do with visual awareness.
                                                    Its analogous to having a nice car to drive, a poorly designed car will do
                                                    the job but its somehow lacking.....

                                                    If I am brutal honest the XP interface is primitive in comparison.

                                                    Now watch the PC users attack my viewpoint :)

                                                    Kind Regards

                                                    Steve

                                                    Steve Climpson
                                                  • Robert Such
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Aug 27 11:59 AM
                                                      As an ex-PC user (I switched about a month ago), I agree with the
                                                      other Mac users who've responded. I'll not go back...

                                                      Start using Mac OS X, the operating system, and you'll find yourself
                                                      repeatedly saying "Oh man, that's cool..." I'd say the real Wow!
                                                      comes with a Mac.

                                                      RS

                                                      On 27 Aug 2007, at 19:21, Steve Climpson wrote:

                                                      > On 27/8/07 15:22, "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:
                                                      >
                                                      > > Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I
                                                      > must know
                                                      > > if a MAC is really much better than PC.
                                                      >
                                                      > We run both systems but much prefer macs for ease of use,
                                                      > friendlier and
                                                      > less techie interface and overall sophistication of the OS. The
                                                      > designed
                                                      > look of the interface is IMO better if you spend all day long at a
                                                      > screen.
                                                      > It's no surprise that most professional creatives prefer mac and
                                                      > its nothing
                                                      > to do with being faster or slower but it is to do with visual
                                                      > awareness.
                                                      > Its analogous to having a nice car to drive, a poorly designed car
                                                      > will do
                                                      > the job but its somehow lacking.....
                                                      >
                                                      > If I am brutal honest the XP interface is primitive in comparison.
                                                      >
                                                      > Now watch the PC users attack my viewpoint :)
                                                      >
                                                      > Kind Regards
                                                      >
                                                      > Steve
                                                      >
                                                      > Steve Climpson

                                                    • Hans Nyberg
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Aug 27 12:15 PM
                                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Renato Bisacchi" <bisacchi2@...> wrote:

                                                        > Hi all! I'm considering about buying an iMAC. The thing is that I must know
                                                        > if a MAC is really much better than PC.
                                                        > I know that a MAC has much more imaging software than PC, and they are much
                                                        > easier to deal with. but what's making me think about it is how faster a MAC
                                                        > can be when processing images.
                                                        > I spend about 10 or 15 minutes to stich the images to get an equire. And
                                                        > that's one of the many steps to get the final output.

                                                        A couple of weeks ago we made a speedtest in this forum.
                                                        http://lookineverydirection.com/projects/ptgui_speedtest/

                                                        Here are the results of similar machines on Mac and Win.
                                                        They speak for them self

                                                        MACBooK pro 15" 2.33 GHz intel core 2 duo: 1.05
                                                        MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz: 1.09
                                                        Mac Pro 8-core Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3gHz: 29 sec

                                                        X86-based PCIntel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz: 2.38
                                                        CORE2 x86 GenuineIntel ~2393 Mhz: 1.50
                                                        DualCore x86 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3 AuthenticAMD ~2812 Mhz: 1.40

                                                        These tests was made on a setup with only 3 images using Panotools warping in PTGui.
                                                        The difference is seen mainly in the warping times which means that you will get much
                                                        larger differences if you do panos with many images.