RE: [PanoToolsNG] Dealing with angle of view for scanned images

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2007
      You must crop each image exactly the same to achieve a good stitch.

      Meaning, you should crop outside the actual negative if possible, to get
      good repeatable image positioning and crop again inside hugin digitally to
      reduce your margin of error.

      >>Also, different views shot
      with the same lens will differ slightly in the actual angles of view.

      This is vague, and could mean any number of things to me.

      For non-fisheye or wide angles, film is tough stuff.

      Remember, your photo content means NOTHING to hugin, only your control
      points tell how to morph your images to a perfect sphere. So images cropped
      differently are hell on optimizing. For example optimizing how much you
      messed up your crop on a single image is difficult unless you have covered a
      full 360 degrees of control points.. Crop shifting across all images, is not
      possible to optimize reliably.. Unless FIRST, you've nailed your crop ONCE
      and optimized your true lens parameters.

      God help you if you have a zoom lens. :-)

      Sacha Griffin
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com