Embedding QTVR into Flash?

  • Hoyle Koontz
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      This has probably been asked multiple times, but I haven't been able to come
      up with any solutions as a result of a list search or Google search.

      Is there a tutorial available that shows how to integrate QTVRs into Flash?
      As I recall, Flash had to call a pop-up for the QTVR file instead of
      integrating seamlessly into Flash. Is this still the case?

      Looking forward to further development of the FlashVR player recently
      released. . . <http://cubicvr.popforge.de/> http://cubicvr.popforge.de/.
      I'd be happy to give $$ to assist development efforts. . .

      Many thanks,

      Hoyle

    • Roger Howard
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
        On Wed, August 2, 2006 12:25 pm, Hoyle Koontz wrote:
        > This has probably been asked multiple times, but I haven't been able to
        > come
        > up with any solutions as a result of a list search or Google search.
        >
        > Is there a tutorial available that shows how to integrate QTVRs into
        > Flash?
        > As I recall, Flash had to call a pop-up for the QTVR file instead of
        > integrating seamlessly into Flash. Is this still the case?

        Yes, Flash can only integrate with Quicktime to the extent that any other
        Web content can - you can't embed QT content directly within Flash
        players, but you can create new HTML windows from Flash that contain
        Quicktime content, and you can even communicate with the Quicktime plugin
        from Flash via JavaScript.

        Since this isn't really a VR issue I'll just point you at Google:

        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=html+popups+from+flash
      • hoylekoontz
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Howard" <rogerhoward@...>
          wrote:

          > On Wed, August 2, 2006 12:25 pm, Hoyle Koontz wrote:
          > > This has probably been asked multiple times, but I haven't been
          able to
          > > come
          > > up with any solutions as a result of a list search or Google
          search.

          > > Is there a tutorial available that shows how to integrate QTVRs
          into
          > > Flash?
          > > As I recall, Flash had to call a pop-up for the QTVR file
          instead of
          > > integrating seamlessly into Flash. Is this still the case?
          >
          > Yes, Flash can only integrate with Quicktime to the extent that
          any other
          > Web content can - you can't embed QT content directly within Flash
          > players, but you can create new HTML windows from Flash that
          contain
          > Quicktime content, and you can even communicate with the Quicktime
          plugin
          > from Flash via JavaScript.
          >
          > Since this isn't really a VR issue I'll just point you at Google:
          >
          > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=html+popups+from+flash

          Thanks Roger. I assumed as much based on the Google results I was
          getting. I was hoping for a new solution from Flash Pro 8.

          Does anyone have any good examples of Roger's suggestion showing
          QTVR pop-ups integrated with a Flash GUI? Would love to have some
          url's to take a look at. . .

          Thanks,

          Hoyle