Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: ProPhoto RGB Color Space - do the tools & front ends support it?

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 11:11 AM
      On Wed, August 2, 2006 9:23 am, JD Smith wrote:
      > On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:11:21 -0700, Mr. Roger Howard wrote:
      >
      >> All the tools you mention are essentially color management-ignorant, so
      >> the short answer is "yes". None of these tools will do any color space
      >> conversion, so the colors you feed in come out untouched. The catch is
      >> that most tools do not copy the source document's ICC profile into the
      >> output, so your output files are untagged (but, crucially, still in the
      >> same color space). PTGUI I believe is properly bringing source profiles
      >> over now. In any case, you can work in any RGB space you want, but
      >> you'll
      >> likely need to retag the output with the same space as your input.
      >
      > Hugin v0.6 also copies input ICC profiles to the output.

      Yay!

      Now how about copying EXIF/XMP/IPTC? You could integrate ExifTool from
      Phil Harvey for this.

      Or even better, how about a standard way to run a post-render script so I
      can do it myself if needed? This way we could attach a script to each
      render process that will get fired off at the end, ideally with the paths
      to source and output images (or just the whole PTO script) passed to the
      post-script.

      I do this with a hotfolder now, but it's a bit tricky to get timing right
      in all cases. I'd rather do it explicitly this way than have a script have
      to poll for the status of an output files file locks.

      -R