RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Letter to Bixorama (re: stop telling people to steal our work)

  • Chris Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
      I'm glad Jeffrey made his protest.

      Thank you Jeff!

      Lets not forget. Allowing downloading for viewing .. In no way grants
      permission to use it in any other fashion.

      The fact that they responded appropriately, and so quickly is an indicator
      of their knowledge of

      Copyright legislation and the "precarious" position they'd put themselves
      in.

      "Fair use" does not allow people to "re-author" or, in anyway change the
      copyrighted image.

      "Fair Use" is extremely limited.

      An example would be if it was used with satire. as in comedy.

      Even distribution in schools for education or news.. The Creator's copyright
      is still guaranteed.

      I believe a "hardline" is the most effective tool to use on infringers.

      That doesn't mean one must be impolite or abusive.. But firmness with lots
      of "legalize" seems to

      Get their attention best!

      Cheers

      Chris Thomas