URGENT! Rocketbelt Convention :-)

  • Jeffrey S. Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
      isn't there anyone who can go to this and make a pano?

      http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/02/rocketbelt_conventio.html

      at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, Niagara Falls, New York?

      I think it would be worth the trip :-) Mark Fink? Anyone?? :-))

      Jeffrey

    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey S. Martin" <panoramas@...>
        wrote:

        > isn't there anyone who can go to this and make a pano?
        >
        > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/02/rocketbelt_conventio.html
        >
        > at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, Niagara Falls, New York?
        >
        > I think it would be worth the trip :-) Mark Fink? Anyone?? :-))

        Rocket belts are a serious noise hazard if you are anywhere close. But
        otherwise you can be almost next to them when they take off so a
        spectacular 360 pano would be possible.

        Peter
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2007
          Now THAT looks like fun. If it weren't for family coming in that weekend
          from out of town, I'd be very afraid that I would be without an excuse to
          attend. I say that because if I went, I'd probably end up BUYING one of
          them. (They do take credit cards, don't they...?)

          OK, I just got a mental image of what I'd look like with one of those.
          Pretty cool with the jet pack, and helmet. Then again, a Canon 5D bolted
          onto the helmet with a Tokina 10-17 would likely ruin the effect. Too
          similar to the classic propeller head look. :o)

          Mark

          www.pinnacle-vr.com

          www.northernlight.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2007
            Sometime around 3/8/07 (at 08:10 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:

            >a Canon 5D bolted
            >onto the helmet with a Tokina 10-17 would likely ruin the effect. Too
            >similar to the classic propeller head look. :o)

            But hey, *we'd* be impressed! ;-)