PTGui speedtest results are up ...

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
      http://lookineverydirection.com/projects/ptgui_speedtest Scroll until
      you're blue in the face.

      Testers, please let me know if I've made any mistakes with your data and
      if there's anything that needs to be changed/added/deleted.

      Garret, please let me know how large your output files were. Thanks.

      If anyone else has submitted test results please resend them to me
      directly because I missed your original message.

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Garret Veley
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        6000x3000 68.1MB.

        >From: Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
        >To: PanotoolsNG Yahoo group <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [PanoToolsNG] PTGui speedtest results are up ...
        >Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 02:22:08 -0700
        >
        >http://lookineverydirection.com/projects/ptgui_speedtest Scroll until
        >you're blue in the face.
        >
        >Testers, please let me know if I've made any mistakes with your data and
        >if there's anything that needs to be changed/added/deleted.
        >
        >Garret, please let me know how large your output files were. Thanks.
        >
        >If anyone else has submitted test results please resend them to me
        >directly because I missed your original message.
        >

        >Pat Swovelin
        >Cool Guy @ Large

        Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to
        win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink
      • Andrei Zdetovetchi
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
          Hiya!

          I've made some tests on my own system, and I'd like to share the results.
          First some things about my machine.

          It's about a notebook, Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi:

          OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
          Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
          OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
          System Name FERRARI
          System Manufacturer Acer, inc.
          System Model Ferrari 4000
          System Type X86-based PC
          Processor x86 Family 15 Model 36 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2000 Mhz (aka AMD Turion64 mobile)
          BIOS Version/Date Acer 3A21, 24.06.2005
          SMBIOS Version 2.31
          Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
          Time Zone E. Europe Daylight Time
          Total Physical Memory 1.024,00 MB
          Available Physical Memory 603,58 MB
          Total Virtual Memory 2,00 GB
          Available Virtual Memory 1,96 GB
          Page File Space 2,40 GB
          Page File C:\pagefile.sys

          After reboot, I've made a few runs of PTGui with the test project provided by Pat.

          1. Time: 2:35
          Run the PTGui 7.2 with the project untouched.

          2. Time: 1:34
          This time, I've turned on Fast Transform, the rest is the same.
          It seems that I've gained 1 minute :)

          3. Time: 2:01
          Now I've run the project with my usual settings. Smartblend 1.2.5, stitiching by ptgui but warp by panotools, Fast transform is on, spline64 interpolation, render to TIFF with LZW compression.

          P.S. I would really like to know what's the setup (lens and panohead) that was used to take those 3 test pictures.... ;)

          Best regards,
          Andrei Zdetovetchi

          the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
          flick photostream - http://www.flick.com/photos/zdeto

        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
            On 8/3/2007 6:58 AM, Andrei Zdetovetchi rambled on about ...:
            > Hiya!
            >
            > I've made some tests on my own system, and I'd like to share the results.
            > First some things about my machine.

            How large is your hard drive?

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
              Ops... sorry, I forgot about that.

              100GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 rpm).