Re: Convert between different panorama formats

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
      On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:

      > I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).

      Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.

      > I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
      > it didn't work.
      >
      > I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
      > (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
      >
      > path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
      >
      > Here's the output I get:
      >
      > Panorama obj created
      > output image size: 750x750
      > Remapping : :
      > 0 %
      > Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
      > 0 %
      > WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
      > length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
      > Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
      > 0 %
      > caught exception:
      > Precondition violation!
      > RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
      >
      > Anybody have any ideas on this?

      nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
      PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
      subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

      best regards
    • Pablo dAngelo
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
        Erik Krause wrote:
        > On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:
        >
        >> I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).
        >
        > Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.
        >
        >> I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
        >> it didn't work.
        >>
        >> I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
        >> (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
        >>
        >> path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
        >>
        >> Here's the output I get:
        >>
        >> RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
        >>
        >> Anybody have any ideas on this?
        >
        > nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
        > PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
        > subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

        Current versions of nona expect w and h of the input image.
        This is important if the script contains d and e parameters, because they
        depend on the size of the input image. In such cases the script cannot be
        applied to images of different size. This is why nona expects them.

        I haven't considered the special case for (d0, e0, g0 and t0) yet, so nona
        compains. I will add a check if d and e are 0, and then just use the width
        of the input image.

        ciao
        Pablo
      • pano.chris
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
          @Eric - Agreed, weird because I just ran into this script, had a
          problem with it and, viola, this message is posted.

          @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
          parameters to the input lines like so:

          i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
          (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

          This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
          get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
          entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
          centered within each image.

          -Chris
        • Bruce Anderson
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
            Chris,

            > in"stitch-blended-
            > sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
            > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

            >This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
            >get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
            >entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
            >centered within each image.

            You sound close! Watching this thread with much anticipation.

            Bruce
          • Pablo dAngelo
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
              Hi Chris,

              pano.chris wrote:
              > @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
              > parameters to the input lines like so:
              >
              > i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
              > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).
              >
              > This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
              > get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
              > entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
              > centered within each image.

              This is due to a bug in the nona parser, which doesn't handle some scripts
              where the parameters are mixed between i and o lines.

              For the time being try the attached script:

              ------------------------------
              p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
              i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

              This works with both PTmender and nona.

              ciao
              Pablo
            • Jeffrey S. Martin
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html
                >

                >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR
                from a page which has
                >disabled saving the movie.

                Yes, this is awful.

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                  On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:

                  > >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR from
                  > >a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                  >
                  > Yes, this is awful.

                  I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                  best regards
                • Pat Swovelin
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                    On 8/2/2007 1:33 AM, Erik Krause rambled on about ...:
                    > On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:
                    >
                    >>> I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a
                    >>> QTVR from
                    >>> a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                    >> Yes, this is awful.
                    >
                    > I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                    You're not holding your breath, right? (and there's NO smiley with this)

                    > best regards

                    Pat Swovelin
                    Cool Guy @ Large
                  • pano.chris
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pablo dAngelo <pablo.dangelo@...>
                      wrote:
                      > p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
                      >
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                      > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360
                      >
                      > This works with both PTmender and nona.

                      Yes it does! Thanks Pablo.