Re: Convert between different panorama formats

  • pano.chris
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
      > A simple PTStitcher/PTMender/nona script would do:
      >
      > p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
      >
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
      > i n"pano.tif"
      > o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

      I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird). I
      tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
      it didn't work.

      I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
      (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:

      path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt

      Here's the output I get:

      Panorama obj created
      output image size: 750x750
      Remapping : :
      0 %
      Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
      0 %
      WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
      length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
      Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
      0 %
      caught exception:
      Precondition violation!
      RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent

      Anybody have any ideas on this?
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
        On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:

        > I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).

        Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.

        > I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
        > it didn't work.
        >
        > I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
        > (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
        >
        > path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
        >
        > Here's the output I get:
        >
        > Panorama obj created
        > output image size: 750x750
        > Remapping : :
        > 0 %
        > Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
        > 0 %
        > WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
        > length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
        > Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
        > 0 %
        > caught exception:
        > Precondition violation!
        > RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
        >
        > Anybody have any ideas on this?

        nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
        PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
        subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

        best regards
      • Pablo dAngelo
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
          Erik Krause wrote:
          > On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:
          >
          >> I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).
          >
          > Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.
          >
          >> I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
          >> it didn't work.
          >>
          >> I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
          >> (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
          >>
          >> path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
          >>
          >> Here's the output I get:
          >>
          >> RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
          >>
          >> Anybody have any ideas on this?
          >
          > nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
          > PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
          > subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

          Current versions of nona expect w and h of the input image.
          This is important if the script contains d and e parameters, because they
          depend on the size of the input image. In such cases the script cannot be
          applied to images of different size. This is why nona expects them.

          I haven't considered the special case for (d0, e0, g0 and t0) yet, so nona
          compains. I will add a check if d and e are 0, and then just use the width
          of the input image.

          ciao
          Pablo
        • pano.chris
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
            @Eric - Agreed, weird because I just ran into this script, had a
            problem with it and, viola, this message is posted.

            @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
            parameters to the input lines like so:

            i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
            (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

            This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
            get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
            entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
            centered within each image.

            -Chris
          • Bruce Anderson
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
              Chris,

              > in"stitch-blended-
              > sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
              > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

              >This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
              >get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
              >entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
              >centered within each image.

              You sound close! Watching this thread with much anticipation.

              Bruce
            • Pablo dAngelo
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                Hi Chris,

                pano.chris wrote:
                > @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
                > parameters to the input lines like so:
                >
                > i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).
                >
                > This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                > get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                > entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                > centered within each image.

                This is due to a bug in the nona parser, which doesn't handle some scripts
                where the parameters are mixed between i and o lines.

                For the time being try the attached script:

                ------------------------------
                p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

                This works with both PTmender and nona.

                ciao
                Pablo
              • Jeffrey S. Martin
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                  > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html
                  >

                  >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR
                  from a page which has
                  >disabled saving the movie.

                  Yes, this is awful.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                    On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:

                    > >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR from
                    > >a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                    >
                    > Yes, this is awful.

                    I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                    best regards
                  • Pat Swovelin
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                      On 8/2/2007 1:33 AM, Erik Krause rambled on about ...:
                      > On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:
                      >
                      >>> I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a
                      >>> QTVR from
                      >>> a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                      >> Yes, this is awful.
                      >
                      > I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                      You're not holding your breath, right? (and there's NO smiley with this)

                      > best regards

                      Pat Swovelin
                      Cool Guy @ Large
                    • pano.chris
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pablo dAngelo <pablo.dangelo@...>
                        wrote:
                        > p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
                        >
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                        > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360
                        >
                        > This works with both PTmender and nona.

                        Yes it does! Thanks Pablo.