Using Steganography to embed copyright info

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 3:29 AM
      I just tested a program that embeds a message or a file in another file.
      http://www.securekit.com/

      I wrote a small text-file with copyright info, and embedded it into one
      of my panoramas.
      http://link.bergmark.com/stegtest

      It's embedded in all of the images used by the panorama-viewers (jpg-,
      mov-, swf files), and it's totally tranparent. If somebody were to
      steal any of the files it would be easy to prove that you are the owner
      by getting the file and running the decryption on it.

      Of course (as always) it isn't an iron-clad solution, since if they
      would open the file in Photoshop and re-save it, the info is lost.
      However it does provide some degree of protection, and might be worth
      the extra step before publishing to the web....

      - Ingemar
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Renato Bisacchi
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 3:43 PM
        Hi Ingemar,

        I have a question... how did you manage to take this pano picture? I mean,
        did you, somehow fix the pano head on the boat? How did you do that?

        Nice pano!

        Renato Bisacchi

        Enviada em: quarta-feira, 1 de agosto de 2007 07:30
        Para: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        Assunto: [PanoToolsNG] Using Steganography to embed copyright info

        I just tested a program that embeds a message or a file in another file.
        http://www.securekit.com/

        I wrote a small text-file with copyright info, and embedded it into one
        of my panoramas.
        http://link.bergmark.com/stegtest

        It's embedded in all of the images used by the panorama-viewers (jpg-,
        mov-, swf files), and it's totally tranparent. If somebody were to
        steal any of the files it would be easy to prove that you are the owner
        by getting the file and running the decryption on it.

        Of course (as always) it isn't an iron-clad solution, since if they
        would open the file in Photoshop and re-save it, the info is lost.
        However it does provide some degree of protection, and might be worth
        the extra step before publishing to the web....

        - Ingemar
        http://panoramas.bergmark.com

        _____

        Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail <http://mail.terra.com.br/>
        Protegido Terra.
        Scan engine: McAfee VirusScan / Atualizado em 31/07/2007 / Versão:
        5.1.00/5087
        Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://mail.terra.com.br/