RE: [PanoToolsNG] Processor Speedtest

  • Garret Veley
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 1, 2007
      2 sets of Speedtest results to add to the table:

      Mac Pro 8-core

      Hardware Overview:
      Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
      Processor Speed: 3 GHz
      Number Of Processors: 2
      Total Number Of Cores: 8
      L2 Cache (per processor): 8 MB
      Memory: 12 GB
      Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
      Boot ROM Version: MP21.007F.B02
      SMC Version: 1.15f2
      DIMM
      Size: 2 GB each
      Type: DDR2 FB-DIMM
      Speed: 667 MHz

      System Software Overview:
      System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R2218)
      Kernel Version: Darwin 8.10.1

      System and Apps are running on the boot drive, a 500 gig SATA, 7200, no
      manufacturer listed

      Data drive= 8 disk RAID 5/0 (2 RAID 5's striped as 1 RAID 0)
      Fibre Channel Domain 0:
      Vendor: LSILogic
      Product: LSI7204EP
      Revision: Firmware 1.3.14.0
      Bus: PCI
      Slot: Slot-4
      Speed: Automatic (2 Gigabit)
      Topology: Automatic (Arbitrated Loop)
      Cable Type: Copper
      Manufacturer: APPLE
      Model: Xserve RAID
      Revision: 1.20
      BSD Name: disk8

      "speedtest" results, PTgui 7.0
      2 runs immediately after boot-up, start timing from pushing the Create
      Panorama button

      1st run: 0:29
      reboot
      2nd run: 0:29

      I also ran the test on my laptop

      MacBookPro 2-core

      Hardware Overview:
      Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
      Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
      Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
      Number Of Processors: 1
      Total Number Of Cores: 2
      L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
      Memory: 2 GB
      Bus Speed: 667 MHz
      Boot ROM Version: MBP12.0061.B03
      SMC Version: 1.5f10

      System Software Overview:
      System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R2218)
      Kernel Version: Darwin 8.10.1
      Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

      Bus/Drive
      Intel ICH7-M AHCI:
      Vendor: Intel
      Product: ICH7-M AHCI
      Speed: 1.5 Gigabit

      Hitachi HTS722020K9SA00:
      SATA 7200rpm
      Capacity: 186.31 GB
      Model: Hitachi HTS722020K9SA00
      Revision: DC4OC50P

      "speedtest" results, PTgui 7.0

      reboot
      1st run: 1:07

      reboot
      2nd run: 1:06

      restart PTgui, run again
      3rd run: 1:08

      4th run: 1:03

      5th run: 1:03

      restart PTgui
      6th run: 1:02

      I have no idea why the results speeded up in later runs (or were slower
      right after a reboot if you want to look at it that way).

      -Garret Veley

      >Milko Amorth:
      >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
      >System Manufacturer GBT___
      >System Model AWRDACPI GA-8IRXP Intel845 AGPset year2002
      >System Type X86-based PC
      >Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~1817 Mhz
      >BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 13.12.2001
      >SMBIOS Version 2.3
      >Total Physical Memory 2.048,00 MB
      >Available Physical Memory 1,46 GB
      >Total Virtual Memory 2,00 GB
      >Available Virtual Memory 1,96 GB
      >Page File Space 7,85 GB
      >
      >primary HDD seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm
      >secondary, seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm scratch and temp files only
      >
      >==================================================================================
      >PTgui Pro, PTGui 6.03 2 times each 5 minutes 10 sec speedtest.tif
      >69.709KB
      >==================================================================================
      >
      >Milko Amorth
      >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
      >System Manufacturer ASUS A8N-E year 2005
      >System Type X86-based PC
      >Prozessor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2010 Mhz
      >BIOS-Version/-Datum Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-E ACPI BIOS
      >Revision 1008-001,
      >SMBIOS-Version 2.3
      >Total Physical Memory 3.072,00 MB
      >Available Physical Memory 2,71 GB
      >Total Virtual Memory 7,35 GB
      >Available Virtual Memory 6,92 GB
      >Page File Space 4,35 GB
      >
      >primary HDD seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm
      >secondary, seagate STAS 80GB scratch and temp only
      >third, seagate STAS 80GB scratch and temp only
      >
      >=============================================================================
      >PTGui Pro , PTGui 6.03 2 times each 1 minute 55sec speedtest.tif
      >69.709KB
      >=============================================================================
      >

      >Cheers, Milko
      >

      >--
      >Milko Amorth
      >360� Immersive Imaging
      >Photographic Virtual Reality
      >VRCanada.ca
      >604.561.5101
      >
      >PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      >Skype me @ vrdundee
      >Member of IVRPA.org
      >Contributor to the World Wide Panorama Project
      >

      >--

      http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

        > On 8/4/2007 6:34 AM, Hans Nyberg rambled on about ...:
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@> wrote:
        > >> I did some more runs to see if the results were reliable.
        > >> Not very I'd say now. The spread is just to wide between runs with
        > >> identical settings : (
        > >
        > > Well I just discovered what seems to be a bug in either panotools or
        > > PTGui Windows.
        > > PTGui 7.2 Panotools from Joost and the fast pano12.dll from Jim Watters
        > >
        > > Try this.
        > > 1. Stitch using PTgui but warp with panotools. no fast transform
        > > 2. Just book the use fast transform and stitch again without
        > > restarting PTgui
        > > 3. unbook fast transform and stitch without restarting PTGui
        > > 4. Save the last settings and close. open again and stitch.
        > >
        > > You will see that the fast transform reduces time with around 30% but
        > > it does not change
        > > back to No fast transform before you save it and restart,
        > >
        > > On Mac the fast transform does not have any effect at all with
        > > panotools warping, only
        > > with PTgui
        >
        > Was this with PTGui 7.2 or PTGui Pro 7.2 (there may be a difference)?

        I do not have the Pro version, only tested PTGui 7.2