Re: Convert between different panorama formats

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...> wrote:

      > I just stumbled upon Bixorama that can convert between different
      > panorama formats. Quite useful and works well.
      > It looks like Aldo has been helping out on this one :-)
      > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html

      I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to steel a QTVR from a page which has
      disabled saving the movie.

      Hans
    • Bruce Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
        Would have been perfect if there was a Linux version!
        I have been hunting for something that will convert a sphere (jpeg) into
        a cubic strip (jpeg).
        Close!
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
          On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 20:40, Bruce Anderson wrote:

          > I have been hunting for something that will convert a sphere (jpeg) into
          > a cubic strip (jpeg)

          A simple PTStitcher/PTMender/nona script would do:

          p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
          i n"pano.tif"
          o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

          On script syntax see nona.txt in your hugin distribution or
          http://photocreations.ca/panotools/stitch.txt

          Script usage:
          http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher_Readme#Scripting_PTStitcher

          best regards
        • pano.chris
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
            > A simple PTStitcher/PTMender/nona script would do:
            >
            > p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
            >
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
            > i n"pano.tif"
            > o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

            I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird). I
            tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
            it didn't work.

            I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
            (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:

            path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt

            Here's the output I get:

            Panorama obj created
            output image size: 750x750
            Remapping : :
            0 %
            Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
            0 %
            WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
            length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
            Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
            0 %
            caught exception:
            Precondition violation!
            RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent

            Anybody have any ideas on this?
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
              On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:

              > I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).

              Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.

              > I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
              > it didn't work.
              >
              > I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
              > (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
              >
              > path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
              >
              > Here's the output I get:
              >
              > Panorama obj created
              > output image size: 750x750
              > Remapping : :
              > 0 %
              > Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
              > 0 %
              > WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
              > length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
              > Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
              > 0 %
              > caught exception:
              > Precondition violation!
              > RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
              >
              > Anybody have any ideas on this?

              nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
              PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
              subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

              best regards
            • Pablo dAngelo
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                Erik Krause wrote:
                > On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:
                >
                >> I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).
                >
                > Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.
                >
                >> I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
                >> it didn't work.
                >>
                >> I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
                >> (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
                >>
                >> path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
                >>
                >> Here's the output I get:
                >>
                >> RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
                >>
                >> Anybody have any ideas on this?
                >
                > nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
                > PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
                > subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

                Current versions of nona expect w and h of the input image.
                This is important if the script contains d and e parameters, because they
                depend on the size of the input image. In such cases the script cannot be
                applied to images of different size. This is why nona expects them.

                I haven't considered the special case for (d0, e0, g0 and t0) yet, so nona
                compains. I will add a check if d and e are 0, and then just use the width
                of the input image.

                ciao
                Pablo
              • pano.chris
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                  @Eric - Agreed, weird because I just ran into this script, had a
                  problem with it and, viola, this message is posted.

                  @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
                  parameters to the input lines like so:

                  i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                  (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

                  This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                  get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                  entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                  centered within each image.

                  -Chris
                • Bruce Anderson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                    Chris,

                    > in"stitch-blended-
                    > sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                    > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

                    >This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                    >get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                    >entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                    >centered within each image.

                    You sound close! Watching this thread with much anticipation.

                    Bruce
                  • Pablo dAngelo
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                      Hi Chris,

                      pano.chris wrote:
                      > @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
                      > parameters to the input lines like so:
                      >
                      > i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                      > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).
                      >
                      > This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                      > get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                      > entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                      > centered within each image.

                      This is due to a bug in the nona parser, which doesn't handle some scripts
                      where the parameters are mixed between i and o lines.

                      For the time being try the attached script:

                      ------------------------------
                      p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                      i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

                      This works with both PTmender and nona.

                      ciao
                      Pablo
                    • Jeffrey S. Martin
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                        > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html
                        >

                        >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR
                        from a page which has
                        >disabled saving the movie.

                        Yes, this is awful.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                          On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:

                          > >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR from
                          > >a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                          >
                          > Yes, this is awful.

                          I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                          best regards
                        • Pat Swovelin
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                            On 8/2/2007 1:33 AM, Erik Krause rambled on about ...:
                            > On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:
                            >
                            >>> I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a
                            >>> QTVR from
                            >>> a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                            >> Yes, this is awful.
                            >
                            > I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                            You're not holding your breath, right? (and there's NO smiley with this)

                            > best regards

                            Pat Swovelin
                            Cool Guy @ Large
                          • pano.chris
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pablo dAngelo <pablo.dangelo@...>
                              wrote:
                              > p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
                              >
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                              > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360
                              >
                              > This works with both PTmender and nona.

                              Yes it does! Thanks Pablo.