Convert between different panorama formats

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
      I just stumbled upon Bixorama that can convert between different
      panorama formats. Quite useful and works well.
      It looks like Aldo has been helping out on this one :-)
      http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html

      However the company has a few other pieces of software that I really
      like... especially BluffTitler.

      - Ingemar
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...> wrote:

        > I just stumbled upon Bixorama that can convert between different
        > panorama formats. Quite useful and works well.
        > It looks like Aldo has been helping out on this one :-)
        > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html

        I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to steel a QTVR from a page which has
        disabled saving the movie.

        Hans
      • Bruce Anderson
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
          Would have been perfect if there was a Linux version!
          I have been hunting for something that will convert a sphere (jpeg) into
          a cubic strip (jpeg).
          Close!
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
            On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 20:40, Bruce Anderson wrote:

            > I have been hunting for something that will convert a sphere (jpeg) into
            > a cubic strip (jpeg)

            A simple PTStitcher/PTMender/nona script would do:

            p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
            i n"pano.tif"
            o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

            On script syntax see nona.txt in your hugin distribution or
            http://photocreations.ca/panotools/stitch.txt

            Script usage:
            http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher_Readme#Scripting_PTStitcher

            best regards
          • pano.chris
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
              > A simple PTStitcher/PTMender/nona script would do:
              >
              > p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
              >
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
              > i n"pano.tif"
              > o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

              I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird). I
              tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
              it didn't work.

              I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
              (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:

              path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt

              Here's the output I get:

              Panorama obj created
              output image size: 750x750
              Remapping : :
              0 %
              Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
              0 %
              WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
              length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
              Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
              0 %
              caught exception:
              Precondition violation!
              RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent

              Anybody have any ideas on this?
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:

                > I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).

                Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.

                > I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
                > it didn't work.
                >
                > I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
                > (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
                >
                > path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
                >
                > Here's the output I get:
                >
                > Panorama obj created
                > output image size: 750x750
                > Remapping : :
                > 0 %
                > Remapping : loading stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
                > 0 %
                > WARN: (.\PanoramaMemento.cpp:200) PT::Lens::getFocalLength(): Focal
                > length calculations only supported with rectilinear and fisheye images
                > Remapping : remapping stitch-blended-sm.jpg :
                > 0 %
                > caught exception:
                > Precondition violation!
                > RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
                >
                > Anybody have any ideas on this?

                nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
                PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
                subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

                best regards
              • Pablo dAngelo
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Erik Krause wrote:
                  > On Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:36, pano.chris wrote:
                  >
                  >> I just discovered this exact script last evening online (weird).
                  >
                  > Not weird. It's a popular example by Ben Kreunen.
                  >
                  >> I tried running it on a 4000x2000 JPEG (equirectangular) using nona and
                  >> it didn't work.
                  >>
                  >> I replaced the 'pano.tif' with the name of my JPEG file
                  >> (stitch-blended-sm.jpg) and ran the following from the command line:
                  >>
                  >> path\to\nona.exe -o cube path\to\this\script.txt
                  >>
                  >> Here's the output I get:
                  >>
                  >> RemappedPanoImage::remapImage(): image sizes not consistent
                  >>
                  >> Anybody have any ideas on this?
                  >
                  > nona apparently isn't 100% PTStitcher compatible any more. Try
                  > PTStitcher or PTMender instead (should be in the panotools
                  > subfolder). I hope Pablo will comment...

                  Current versions of nona expect w and h of the input image.
                  This is important if the script contains d and e parameters, because they
                  depend on the size of the input image. In such cases the script cannot be
                  applied to images of different size. This is why nona expects them.

                  I haven't considered the special case for (d0, e0, g0 and t0) yet, so nona
                  compains. I will add a check if d and e are 0, and then just use the width
                  of the input image.

                  ciao
                  Pablo
                • pano.chris
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                    @Eric - Agreed, weird because I just ran into this script, had a
                    problem with it and, viola, this message is posted.

                    @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
                    parameters to the input lines like so:

                    i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                    (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

                    This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                    get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                    entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                    centered within each image.

                    -Chris
                  • Bruce Anderson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                      Chris,

                      > in"stitch-blended-
                      > sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                      > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).

                      >This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                      >get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                      >entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                      >centered within each image.

                      You sound close! Watching this thread with much anticipation.

                      Bruce
                    • Pablo dAngelo
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Hi Chris,

                        pano.chris wrote:
                        > @Pablo - If I understand you correctly, I need to add the w and h
                        > parameters to the input lines like so:
                        >
                        > i n"stitch-blended-sm.jpg" w4000 h2000
                        > (4000x2000 being the size of the input image).
                        >
                        > This time I get no errors but the results aren't cube faces either. I
                        > get 6 750x750 images but they're all the same image -- each shows the
                        > entire equirectangular image, slightly warped (approx 360x185)
                        > centered within each image.

                        This is due to a bug in the nona parser, which doesn't handle some scripts
                        where the parameters are mixed between i and o lines.

                        For the time being try the attached script:

                        ------------------------------
                        p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"

                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                        i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

                        This works with both PTmender and nona.

                        ciao
                        Pablo
                      • Jeffrey S. Martin
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                          > http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html
                          >

                          >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR
                          from a page which has
                          >disabled saving the movie.

                          Yes, this is awful.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                            On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:

                            > >I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a QTVR from
                            > >a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                            >
                            > Yes, this is awful.

                            I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                            best regards
                          • Pat Swovelin
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                              On 8/2/2007 1:33 AM, Erik Krause rambled on about ...:
                              > On Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 9:01, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:
                              >
                              >>> I do not like that he actually starts by explaining how to >steel a
                              >>> QTVR from
                              >>> a page which has disabled saving the movie.
                              >> Yes, this is awful.
                              >
                              > I've mailed them yesterday - no answer so far...

                              You're not holding your breath, right? (and there's NO smiley with this)

                              > best regards

                              Pat Swovelin
                              Cool Guy @ Large
                            • pano.chris
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pablo dAngelo <pablo.dangelo@...>
                                wrote:
                                > p w1280 h1280 f0 v90 u20 n"TIFF_m"
                                >
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p0 v360
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y90 r0 p0 v360
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360
                                > i w4000 h2000 n"pano.tif" f4 y0 r0 p90 v360
                                >
                                > This works with both PTmender and nona.

                                Yes it does! Thanks Pablo.