New version of LensFix available

  • anodyssey
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
      A new version of LensFix is available at:

      http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436

      This version is a stand alone program that uses the same panotools "a, b, and c" distortion
      correction factors as does the original LensFix. Image corrections are performed in real time
      on your graphics card if you have a Core Image graphics card. Other changes include sliders
      for perspective changes, a magnifier glass so you can zoom in on the image up to 300%.
      Slider controls for correcting chromatic aberrations. The chromatic aberration sliders
      combined with the magnifier glass make it easy to fix chromatic aberrations. The perspective
      controls take into account the image field of view so perspective transformations are
      accurate.

      Kevin
    • Mr. Roger Howard
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
        On Aug 2, 2006, at 7:56 AM, anodyssey wrote:

        > A new version of LensFix is available at:
        >
        > http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436
        >
        > This version is a stand alone program that uses the same panotools
        > "a, b, and c" distortion
        > correction factors as does the original LensFix. Image corrections
        > are performed in real time
        > on your graphics card if you have a Core Image graphics card.
        > Other changes include sliders
        > for perspective changes, a magnifier glass so you can zoom in on
        > the image up to 300%.
        > Slider controls for correcting chromatic aberrations. The
        > chromatic aberration sliders
        > combined with the magnifier glass make it easy to fix chromatic
        > aberrations. The perspective
        > controls take into account the image field of view so perspective
        > transformations are
        > accurate.

        Very cool - any way to make the application window resizable so I can
        make it near full screen?

        -R
      • JD Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
          On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:56:10 +0000, anodyssey wrote:

          > A new version of LensFix is available at:
          >
          > http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436
          >
          > This version is a stand alone program that uses the same panotools "a, b,
          > and c" distortion correction factors as does the original LensFix. Image
          > corrections are performed in real time on your graphics card if you have a
          > Core Image graphics card. Other changes include sliders for perspective
          > changes, a magnifier glass so you can zoom in on the image up to 300%.
          > Slider controls for correcting chromatic aberrations. The chromatic
          > aberration sliders combined with the magnifier glass make it easy to fix
          > chromatic aberrations. The perspective controls take into account the
          > image field of view so perspective transformations are accurate.

          I was just wondering whether CoreImage could be used for Enblend (or a
          derivative) to speed up the blending algorithm (or even make it real
          time). Any thoughts?

          For those who don't know, CoreImage is Apple technology providing
          real-time, customizable filters which run as OpenGL code on the GPU. It
          is very, very fast (think Photoshop filters in real time).
        • anodyssey
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Roger Howard" <rogerhoward@...> wrote:

            > Very cool - any way to make the application window resizable so I can
            > make it near full screen?
            >
            > -R

            It should be possible but LensFix CI is designed for easy conversion to a Photoshop plug-in
            when the next version of Photoshop becomes available. Adobe doesn't let you resize plug-in
            windows. But if the next Photoshop is a long time in coming, it may be worth it to change
            the stand alone LensFix CI to be resizable and add other functions.
          • anodyssey
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, JD Smith <jdsmith@...> wrote:

              > I was just wondering whether CoreImage could be used for Enblend (or a
              > derivative) to speed up the blending algorithm (or even make it real
              > time). Any thoughts?

              Not really but there are other optimizations that can be included such as those in Rob Platt's
              Enblend 1.3 and Calico 1.3.
            • Roger Howard
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
                On Wed, August 2, 2006 10:07 am, anodyssey wrote:
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Roger Howard" <rogerhoward@...>
                > wrote:
                >>
                >> Very cool - any way to make the application window resizable so I can
                >> make it near full screen?
                >>
                >> -R
                >>
                > It should be possible but LensFix CI is designed for easy conversion to a
                > Photoshop plug-in
                > when the next version of Photoshop becomes available. Adobe doesn't let
                > you resize plug-in
                > windows. But if the next Photoshop is a long time in coming, it may be
                > worth it to change
                > the stand alone LensFix CI to be resizable and add other functions.

                Ok, how about then a version for large displays, rather than a resizable
                version? It just looks tiny on my displays...
                Great work... need to spend some more time with it tonight. A standalone
                version might be worth continuing - give it a batch mode and you'll make a
                lot of architectural and other anal photographers quite happy!

                -R
              • Kevin Kratzke
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
                  I posted LensFix CI beta 3 at:

                  http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7782

                  per Roger's request, this version is resizable so those of you with
                  cinema displays can view large images as you correct or change the
                  perspective in them. This version also fixes a bug where sections of
                  the image may be missing on Intel Macs. Scroll to the bottom of the
                  discussion list to find beta 3.

                  Kevin