Re: VR Thief

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

      > Most Apache servers (I collocate my server) have a script available that
      > prevent remote loading of images (or specified file types.) This way the
      > jpg file will not load remotely, and you can actually specify a default
      > image to load. "Image Thief" is a popular one.

      The problem with all these general scripting is that it will also affect for example some
      search engines that links directly to your images and movies.

      Google image search is one of my largest hijackers from the image search.
      There is also the singingfish.com which is a search engine for movies.

      Both do it by also opening or linking to your webpage.

      Also there are a lot of people who just use one of my thumbnails for the link which I do
      allow and sometimes have encouriged as I know that a good thumbnail increases the
      traffic from them. But all o these are giving me traffic which is what it is about.

      Hans
    • Bruce Hemming
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hans wrote I believe you got the same error as I got the second time
        iI tried them.
        I saw the Tokyo Tower on all the links but after reloading the site
        they all returned again.

        Just tried checking the site again and this time there is a 404 error
        page. Hopefully that's the end of it.

        Bruce Hemming
        Bruce Hemming Photography
        Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277