Re: VR Thief

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 31, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

      >> It would be nice if it was somehow possible to digitally sign the
      >> panos and they would only display on authorized sites.
      >
      > there is such protection, at least for Java panoramas in both
      > ptviewer and PurePlayer. But it is not 100% either and any determined
      > thief will crack such encryption schemes easily. I remember someone
      > mentioning a scheme for QuickTime using some sort of sprite
      > that "connects" to the legit site, but these are more likely to
      > waste the experience of legit visitors than prevent determined
      > thieves from grabbing the content.

      Has anybody tried to use steganography to write encrypted copyright
      info in their equirects (cube faces)?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganography

      If I understand this correctly it wouldn't interfere with the user
      experience, and wouldn't affect any panno viewer.
      This way it would also be easy to prove that an image/pano has been
      stolen if it was found on another site?

      - Ingemar
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Bruce Hemming
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hans wrote I believe you got the same error as I got the second time
        iI tried them.
        I saw the Tokyo Tower on all the links but after reloading the site
        they all returned again.

        Just tried checking the site again and this time there is a 404 error
        page. Hopefully that's the end of it.

        Bruce Hemming
        Bruce Hemming Photography
        Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277