Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: VR Thief

  • Yuval Levy
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 31, 2007
      Pat Swovelin wrote:
      > But that implies that you'd have to do it for every image on your site
      > and again later when they find the changed name, right? If that's the
      > case is there a way to do it for all images and pages on your site with
      > a single (whatever that means) bit of code on the server?

      Indeed. And it breaks links from legitimate sites. It's a quick fix and
      a workaround more than a permanent solution. Yes, there is a way to do
      it for all images and pages with a single bit of code and that's
      mod_rewrite.

      The quick introduction linked by Steven Dowd is a good start.

      Practical solutions to common problems:
      <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/rewrite_guide.html>

      For this specific problem:
      <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/rewrite_guide_advanced.html>

      scroll down to Referer-based Deflector

      Yuv
    • Bruce Hemming
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hans wrote I believe you got the same error as I got the second time
        iI tried them.
        I saw the Tokyo Tower on all the links but after reloading the site
        they all returned again.

        Just tried checking the site again and this time there is a 404 error
        page. Hopefully that's the end of it.

        Bruce Hemming
        Bruce Hemming Photography
        Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277