Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: VR Thief

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 31, 2007
      Sometime around 31/7/07 (at 17:55 +0200) Alexander Feldmann said:

      >I was just checking news on the copyright.gov page and found the
      >following line: "Also please note that CDs packaged in standard full-sized
      >jewel boxes are more likely to survive the mail radiation process than those
      >packaged in slim-line cases. "
      >
      >Anybody knows what they do to the mail there? They radiate it? And why
      >should a full-size jewel box give more protection?

      Sounds pretty silly to me! First of all, I don't think any 'mail
      radiation process' (presumably x-ray) can materially damage a burned
      optical disc of any kind. Okay, perhaps a serious blast could affect
      the vegetable dye, but I would think it would need to be a *major*
      irradiation session. And it makes zero sense that a regular case
      would afford any more protection against such an attack than a
      slimline one.

      My guess is that this is the end result of ignorance, 'Chinese
      whispers' and good old fashioned F.U.D.

    • Bruce Hemming
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hans wrote I believe you got the same error as I got the second time
        iI tried them.
        I saw the Tokyo Tower on all the links but after reloading the site
        they all returned again.

        Just tried checking the site again and this time there is a 404 error
        page. Hopefully that's the end of it.

        Bruce Hemming
        Bruce Hemming Photography
        Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277