Re: processor upgrade

  • maston67
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi Rick

      Yes, that's what I was looking for. I want more speed simply so I
      can do low res previews with faster feedback. With 3.9 Ghz that will
      halve the current time and also with the dual core I'll be able to
      work more smoothly on other stuff simulateously.

      The Intel 3.2 you have is a bit out of my budget. I like the AMD A64
      AM2 6000+ Dual Core. Can you recommend a board I can overclock this
      with by any chance?

      Many thanks to you and everybody else who's replied to this post.
      It's all really uselful to me.

      Masten

      What board is thst

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

      > Overclocking is easy - and fast - on the Asus. I have a dual core
      3.2 stable
      > overclocked to 3.9. The thing is, the dual core does not really
      speed up
      > any of the Pano Software - it's not written for multi CPU's.
      PhotoShop cooks
      > though!
      >

      > Rick Drew

    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

        > On 8/4/2007 6:34 AM, Hans Nyberg rambled on about ...:
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@> wrote:
        > >> I did some more runs to see if the results were reliable.
        > >> Not very I'd say now. The spread is just to wide between runs with
        > >> identical settings : (
        > >
        > > Well I just discovered what seems to be a bug in either panotools or
        > > PTGui Windows.
        > > PTGui 7.2 Panotools from Joost and the fast pano12.dll from Jim Watters
        > >
        > > Try this.
        > > 1. Stitch using PTgui but warp with panotools. no fast transform
        > > 2. Just book the use fast transform and stitch again without
        > > restarting PTgui
        > > 3. unbook fast transform and stitch without restarting PTGui
        > > 4. Save the last settings and close. open again and stitch.
        > >
        > > You will see that the fast transform reduces time with around 30% but
        > > it does not change
        > > back to No fast transform before you save it and restart,
        > >
        > > On Mac the fast transform does not have any effect at all with
        > > panotools warping, only
        > > with PTgui
        >
        > Was this with PTGui 7.2 or PTGui Pro 7.2 (there may be a difference)?

        I do not have the Pro version, only tested PTGui 7.2