Re: My Pano Head

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2007
      Here's a quick test I did using this pano head handheld with the 5D and
      Nikon 10.5mm lens. I used the same hole that's set up for the Sigma 8mm
      lens.
      http://CamelPhotos.com/pic/gobi2.mov

      Roger Berry
      http://CamelPhotos.com
    • Milko Amorth
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2007
        Hi Roger,
        Thanks for the meridian shots.

        > I believe the nadir point for the Nikon 10.5mm lens is 4mm behind the
        > gold ring?
        That is the npp at beta0°! 18mm from the lens vertex.
        The further you go forward from that point the wider your usable beta
        angle gets.

        5D and 10.5 shaved
        for 3shots beta 60° (120°angle of view) 11,2mm from the lens vertex
        for 4shots beta 45° (90° angle of view) 14,2mm from the lens vertex

        Not that this is of utterly importance shooting free handed or on a
        monopod, but its a good to have if you decide to mount your head on a
        tripod rotator or other indexed device for long exposures or closeup panos
        like this one:
        http://www.360image.de/test/strawberry.htm
        Sure could have used your spike attachment though, as this one was done in
        a pendullum fashion kind of way, by holding the inverted monopod loosely
        between finger and thumb (the OK loop!) and maintain 2 inches distance
        from the straw to the lens, turn with the other hand and release Luca
        style (remote release between the teeth
        http://www.360image.de/media/vr_ninja.jpg ). Hah! Only panoheads come up
        with this kind of stuff.... I love it...and proud to be one.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko Amorth
        360° Immersive Imaging

        PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
        Skype me @ vrdundee
        Member of IVRPA.org
      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15 9:21 PM
          I've been doing some more work on my homemade pano head.
          http://www.camelphotos.com/pic/panohead8.jpg

          This may be a little bit confusing to most people looking at it for the
          first time.
          Is it right side up or upside down? Yes it is, well that is it works
          both ways.
          When I get back home next week I will finish a few little things that
          are left to be done, put it through some test and show off just what
          this thing can do.

          Cheers,
          Roger Berry
        • erik leeman
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16 3:48 AM
            It certainly looks interesting!

            a green surgical sheet as background somehow seems more appropriate for
            this fright-inducing 'device' ; )

            Regards,

            erik leeman