Processor Speedtest

  • Milko Amorth
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 30 6:31 PM
      Hi, all testers,

      Pat was quite right to say the files have to be identical. So, I did set
      up a project file with the sources.
      So far 3 people have expressed their partisipation.

      Pat Swovelin, Roger Barry and Jeffrey S. Martin
      I will send them the link to download the speedtest.zip (9,7MB)
      It contains 3 fisheye shots with a PTGui project file speedtest.pts and my
      initial time results on 2 processors.

      If more of you decide to partisipate just drop me a note off list for the
      link. The more the better.

      The results should be posted in this thread.

      Run the project file "as is" twice if you can, best right after a reboot.
      Use Ptgui application or Ptgui batch application.
      I have not noticed any diffrence in speed or file size. I did tests on
      both Ptgui Pro and PTGui 6.0.3 also with no diffrence.
      The project renders a speedtest.tif at 69.709KB

      Post your system information (simply copy from system info utility) and
      rendering times here:

      Milko Amorth:
      OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
      System Manufacturer GBT___
      System Model AWRDACPI GA-8IRXP Intel845 AGPset year2002
      System Type X86-based PC
      Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~1817 Mhz
      BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 13.12.2001
      SMBIOS Version 2.3
      Total Physical Memory 2.048,00 MB
      Available Physical Memory 1,46 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 2,00 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 1,96 GB
      Page File Space 7,85 GB

      primary HDD seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm
      secondary, seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm scratch and temp files only

      PTgui Pro, PTGui 6.03 2 times each 5 minutes 10 sec speedtest.tif
      69.709KB

      Milko Amorth
      OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
      System Manufacturer ASUS A8N-E year 2005
      System Type X86-based PC
      Prozessor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2010 Mhz
      BIOS-Version/-Datum Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-E ACPI BIOS
      Revision 1008-001,
      SMBIOS-Version 2.3
      Total Physical Memory 3.072,00 MB
      Available Physical Memory 2,71 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 7,35 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 6,92 GB
      Page File Space 4,35 GB

      primary HDD seagate STA ATA100 80GB 7000rpm
      secondary, seagate STAS 80GB scratch and temp only
      third, seagate STAS 80GB scratch and temp only

      PTGui Pro , PTGui 6.03 2 times each 1 minute 55sec speedtest.tif
      69.709KB

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging

      PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      Skype me @ vrdundee
      Member of IVRPA.org
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

        > On 8/4/2007 6:34 AM, Hans Nyberg rambled on about ...:
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@> wrote:
        > >> I did some more runs to see if the results were reliable.
        > >> Not very I'd say now. The spread is just to wide between runs with
        > >> identical settings : (
        > >
        > > Well I just discovered what seems to be a bug in either panotools or
        > > PTGui Windows.
        > > PTGui 7.2 Panotools from Joost and the fast pano12.dll from Jim Watters
        > >
        > > Try this.
        > > 1. Stitch using PTgui but warp with panotools. no fast transform
        > > 2. Just book the use fast transform and stitch again without
        > > restarting PTgui
        > > 3. unbook fast transform and stitch without restarting PTGui
        > > 4. Save the last settings and close. open again and stitch.
        > >
        > > You will see that the fast transform reduces time with around 30% but
        > > it does not change
        > > back to No fast transform before you save it and restart,
        > >
        > > On Mac the fast transform does not have any effect at all with
        > > panotools warping, only
        > > with PTgui
        >
        > Was this with PTGui 7.2 or PTGui Pro 7.2 (there may be a difference)?

        I do not have the Pro version, only tested PTGui 7.2