Leaf vs Iron

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30 3:27 AM
      Pano taked with Canon350D 18-55mm lens, 38 shoots in RAW then -2,0,+2
      variants were extracted and merged using layers with transparency masks
      (6 layers)

      http://tinyurl.com/38qvmc (DevalVR - Fullscreen)
      http://tinyurl.com/33jkm3 (QuickTime)

      feedback much appreciated,

      Dorin
    • Dinu Lazar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30 4:57 AM
        The white - the houses - have lost a little the details and what is in
        shadow is a little too blue and need some "life" - perhaps some contrast or
        something so.

        However, for your hardware, there is a nice shot. Congratulations!

        Dinu Lazar

        _____

        Pano taked with Canon350D 18-55mm lens, 38 shoots in RAW then -2,0,+2
        variants were extracted and merged using layers with transparency masks
        (6 layers)

        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/38qvmc> com/38qvmc (DevalVR -
        Fullscreen)
        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/33jkm3> com/33jkm3 (QuickTime)

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 30 11:22 AM
          On 7/30/2007 3:27 AM, dorindxn rambled on about ...:
          > Pano taked with Canon350D 18-55mm lens, 38 shoots in RAW then -2,0,+2
          > variants were extracted and merged using layers with transparency masks
          > (6 layers)
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/38qvmc (DevalVR - Fullscreen)
          > http://tinyurl.com/33jkm3 (QuickTime)

          The .MOV (http://www.freefilehosting.org/public/44012/leaf_vs_iron.mov)
          isn't loading because FreeFileHosting.com is down or at least it is
          right now.

          > feedback much appreciated,
          >
          > Dorin

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 31 12:11 AM
            @Pat Swovelin thank you very much for trying, sorry for that I've
            notice that FFH is offline form time to time, seems that is happen
            more often even on other sites that use to run fine before, I'll find
            a better solution for upload.

            @Dinu Lazar, thank you very much for review, you're right about the
            details (was no AEB) and about the blue and life, I'll investigate
            this issue (and re-calibrate smth. if is need).

            Here is the second edition at high resolution
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/24dra7

            Warning! Is a zip archive of 15 mb download, please launch the .html
            whithin, You might need a powerfull computer to see this smooth, and
            if you preffer DevalVR please update at the latest, just released,
            plugin.

            Dorin

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31 1:19 AM
              On 7/31/2007 12:11 AM, dorindxn rambled on about ...:
              > @Pat Swovelin thank you very much for trying, sorry for that I've
              > notice that FFH is offline form time to time, seems that is happen
              > more often even on other sites that use to run fine before, I'll find
              > a better solution for upload.

              I just tried again and I still can't get in. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

              I think the Net hates me. =8^)

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 31 3:03 AM
                Hi Pat,

                What free sendfile or hosting service (for a zip file around 15 MB)
                do you use or find convenient, I'll upload that archive for you and
                others havig problems with FFH or SendSpace.

                thanks,
                Dorin

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
                wrote:

                > On 7/31/2007 12:11 AM, dorindxn rambled on about ...:
                > > @Pat Swovelin thank you very much for trying, sorry for that I've
                > > notice that FFH is offline form time to time, seems that is happen
                > > more often even on other sites that use to run fine before, I'll
                find
                > > a better solution for upload.
                >
                > I just tried again and I still can't get in. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!
                >
                > I think the Net hates me. =8^)
                >
                > Pat Swovelin
                > Cool Guy @ Large

              • dorindxn
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Hi Pat, I've ask Fiero to test my pano with his latest plugin and he
                  was very kind to let me to setup a better way to see the pano for you
                  or for others, It suppose to work on QuickTime too if you don't have
                  yet DevalVR.

                  Warning is about 15 MB download, please use only if the other ways
                  posted here doesn't work
                  http://dorin.devalvr.com/Leaf_vs_iron.html

                  the 4MB low resolution version is, for now, accesible here
                  http://www.dxn.ro/temp_pano.html

                  Dorin

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just tried again and I still can't get in. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!
                  > >
                  > > I think the Net hates me. =8^)
                  > >
                  > > Pat Swovelin
                  > > Cool Guy @ Large

                • John Riley
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
                    I have opportunity to get a slightly used Zenitar 16mm fisheye with a
                    Nikon mount at a very attractive price. I'm just not sure whether it
                    has a good spot to fill in my lineup. I use a Fuji S2 and Nikon 10.5
                    mm, old manual Sigma 8mm/4 and a Tokina 12-24. It falls right in the
                    middle of the Tokina's zoom range.

                    Is anyone using one of these? How many shots for a spherical? Is it
                    as sharp as I have heard some say? Worth picking up for under $100?

                    John
                  • Pat Swovelin
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                      On 8/1/2007 5:31 PM, John Riley rambled on about ...:
                      > I have opportunity to get a slightly used Zenitar 16mm fisheye with a
                      > Nikon mount at a very attractive price. I'm just not sure whether it
                      > has a good spot to fill in my lineup. I use a Fuji S2 and Nikon 10.5
                      > mm, old manual Sigma 8mm/4 and a Tokina 12-24. It falls right in the
                      > middle of the Tokina's zoom range.
                      >
                      > Is anyone using one of these? How many shots for a spherical?

                      8 at +_30° plus Z&N on an APS-C sensor (my 300D).

                      > Is it as sharp as I have heard some say?

                      It sure is. It's a *great* lens.

                      > Worth picking up for under $100?

                      Yes! Go for it before he wises up and changes the price.

                      > John

                      Pat Swovelin
                      Cool Guy @ Large