A (bad) claustro pano

  • Jeremy Garrard
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
      I hope you will forgive me posting such a terrible quality pano to the
      list, but I thought it was kind of original and might be mildy
      interesting to some.

      I was experimenting with claustro panos and trying to find the exact non
      parallax point of my Sigma 8mm, along with trying to rig up a primitive
      brace to hold the camera in portrait position in a confined space.

      The following pano is actually composed of a few proof of concept / test
      shots I made of the top layer of my rabbit shed. Unfortunately we moved
      house two days after making these shots and I had to gut the insides of
      the shed in order to move it, and thus I was unable to finish producing
      a decent pano. :(

      So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just thought
      you might like the idea.

      http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov
    • Bert Vierstra
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
        On 8/2/06, Jeremy Garrard <jgarrard@...> wrote:

        > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just thought
        > you might like the idea.
        >
        > http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov

        One of nice things about pano's can the interesting perspective....

        Nice!...

        --
        best regards,

        Bert Vierstra

        http://www.360rage.com/
        http://www.bali3d.com/
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
          Jeremy Garrard <jgarrard@...> writes:

          > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching,

          It's not beyond repair, I think.

          > I just thought you might like the idea.

          Yes, like it very much. Ever saw "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit"?

          best regards
        • Jeremy Garrard
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
            > It's not beyond repair, I think.

            Well the stitching possibly, but Mr Blurry Bunny is beyond help (which
            is why I didn't spend time making a better job of the stitching) :(

            > > I just thought you might like the idea.
            >
            > Yes, like it very much. Ever saw "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit"?

            Yup! :)
          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
              Quoting Bert Vierstra <vierstra@...>:

              > On 8/2/06, Jeremy Garrard <jgarrard@...> wrote:
              >
              > > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just thought
              > > you might like the idea.
              > >
              > > http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov
              >
              > One of nice things about pano's can the interesting perspective....
              >
              > Nice!...

              Yes were you not worried the rabbit would eat your lens ?

              regards

              michael crane

            • Jeremy Garrard
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                > Yes were you not worried the rabbit would eat your lens ?

                Not when I'd just given him his tea no ;)

                Besides for the "bunny shot" I was operating the camera manually rather
                than on timer. The side of the hutch to the right comes off completely
                so I was able to reach in and take them by hand.
              • Juergen Schrader
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Nice concept. Especially with something alive in it :)

                  It's also a suitable complement to those vertigo panos *g*

                  Ages ago I've been working with a photographer who had an endoscope
                  adapted to his Olympus camera. This was in the pre computer and 3D-
                  aera and he took fisheye-like pictures within architectural models
                  with it.

                  Too bad nobody even could think of stitching these together :)
                  But would be an interesting approach today though.

                  Cheers
                  Jürgen

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Garrard" <jgarrard@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I hope you will forgive me posting such a terrible quality pano to
                  the
                  > list, but I thought it was kind of original and might be mildy
                  > interesting to some.
                  >
                  > I was experimenting with claustro panos and trying to find the
                  exact non
                  > parallax point of my Sigma 8mm, along with trying to rig up a
                  primitive
                  > brace to hold the camera in portrait position in a confined space.
                  >
                  > The following pano is actually composed of a few proof of concept /
                  test
                  > shots I made of the top layer of my rabbit shed. Unfortunately we
                  moved
                  > house two days after making these shots and I had to gut the
                  insides of
                  > the shed in order to move it, and thus I was unable to finish
                  producing
                  > a decent pano. :(
                  >
                  > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just
                  thought
                  > you might like the idea.
                  >
                  > http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov

                • gillesvidal
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006

                    > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just thought
                    > you might like the idea.
                    >
                    > http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov

                    Hi Jeremy,

                    "Expert in Small Spaces" ;^) , Michel Thoby already published that:
                    http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp306/html/MichelThoby.html

                    … and also other panoramas like that:
                    http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov
                    http://michel.thoby.free.fr/tests/Flytrap2.mov

                    He will be able to help you… but I believe it that it's very occupied
                    in this moment...

                    Gilles
                    gillesvidal - panographe | http://www.gillesvidal.com
                  • Luca Vascon
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                      I HAVE an endoscope... a rigid and HQ one.
                      :-D
                      It perfectly fits an F-con2 Olympus ipix fisheye lens...
                      And YES I used oit to shoot architecture models...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Luca Vascon" <crimsonkingit@...>

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                          Argh, of course. I should have known. The mad lens professor :))))

                          So come on, Luca, show us some real claustrophobics from your
                          dollhouse :)

                          Too bad I can't meet you in bath, but one day ...

                          Cheers
                          Jürgen

                          wrote:

                          > I HAVE an endoscope... a rigid and HQ one.
                          > :-D
                          > It perfectly fits an F-con2 Olympus ipix fisheye lens...
                          > And YES I used oit to shoot architecture models...

                        • Bob R.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
                            --- Jeremy Garrard <jgarrard@...> wrote:

                            > So forgive the terrible photography and worse stitching, I just
                            > thought you might like the idea.
                            >
                            > http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/Hutch.mov

                            That's great! I love the idea, and the bunny is very photogenic.

                            http://mail.yahoo.com