Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re:Some very interesting pages :)

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2007
      On 26 Jul 2007 at 16:40, greg downing wrote:

      > >FYI
      > >I just found some very interesting pages about gigapixel >panoramas and 3D
      > vfx.
      > >
      > >http://www.xrez.com/vfx.html <http://www.xrez.com/vfx.html>
      > >And http://www.xrez.com/ to the main page.
      > >
      > >It's Greg Downing and Eric Hanson.
      > >--
      > >Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
      >
      > Thanks Bjørn,

      Nice to see that you're here :)
      Would it be possible to ask what kind of software you're using for extracting 3D data and
      textures from such (huge) spherical panos? The only program I know of that can do it
      directly is VTour, which was very buggy last time I looked at it. I'm using ImageModeler
      and PhotoModeler, but then I can't use the sphericals directly. I'm also using SketchUp
      PhotoMatch for some simple tasks BTW.
      I suppose you can't do it directly from Maya?

      > Did a little podcast interview about our gigapixel work recently too,
      > http://www.dimacast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=229144

      I couldn't view that one, but I enjoyed the article and video in Dagbladet, Oslo, which I
      believe most others here had problems understanding, as it was in Norwegian ;)