Re: [PanoToolsNG] Introduction / Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama

  • Charlie Hubbard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2007
      Hi David,

      I have no experience with Altostorm, and can not comment on it.
      However, I was wondering if you had looked at PTgui
      (http://www.ptgui.com/). I have the latest versions of PTgui and
      Autopano Pro, and between the two products, I would definitely recommend
      PTgui. I know APP is a popular tool, so I'm sure others here will
      probably disagree with assessment, but I've found APP to be somewhat of
      a disappointment. In my experience, it's quite slow, the user interface
      is klunky, and it happily gobbles up all your memory and swap if you
      hand it more than a few images. On a recent image-stacking problem I
      was working on, APP completely choked during rendering when handed 50
      images, but PTgui had no problems with them. PTgui also has a nicer
      GUI, a much better control point editor and a superior set of
      configuration options. And it costs less! There are versions available
      for both the Mac OSX and Windows platforms. I've been very happy with it.

      Best of luck with whatever package you eventually decide to choose! If
      that turns out to be Altostorm, let us know what you think of it.

      Best regards,

      Charlie Hubbard