Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Windows Firefox 1.5.0.5 will not display java panoramas

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 6:07 AM
      I'm looking for it...
      no way!
      :-/

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kathy Wheeler
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Windows Firefox 1.5.0.5 will not display java panoramas

      > russellcobley2004 <russellcobley@...> writes:
      >
      >> For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to
      >> display
      >> 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
      >> where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC
      >> running
      >> Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
      >> 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox
      >> presented
      >> no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different
      >> websites!

      Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
      is a checkbox to allow plugins. That might be turned off by default
      in an upgraded / new installation of Firefox. Check your preferences
      (or whatever FF for windows calls them).

      Good luck,
      KathyW.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 2:46 PM
        On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

        > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
        > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

        That was Opera:
        http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng/758

        best regards

        http://www.erik-krause.de/
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 3:55 PM

          > On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:
          >
          > > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
          > > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

          There is a checkbox for JAVA not for plugins.

          However I believe the problem is something else.
          I have just downloaded the last Firefox on my almost fresh installation of Windows XP
          updated to SP2 (in Virtual PC)
          I did not have Firefox installed but both Quicktime, Java and Flash was working perfect in
          IE.

          Quicktime also worked fine at once in Firefox but both Flash and Java says I need plugin.
          I followed the link which came up as a menu and it installed an update
          J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.

          After that Java displayed fine.