Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Windows Firefox 1.5.0.5 will not display java panoramas

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 3:25 AM
      > russellcobley2004 <russellcobley@...> writes:
      >
      >> For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to
      >> display
      >> 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
      >> where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC
      >> running
      >> Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
      >> 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox
      >> presented
      >> no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different
      >> websites!

      Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
      is a checkbox to allow plugins. That might be turned off by default
      in an upgraded / new installation of Firefox. Check your preferences
      (or whatever FF for windows calls them).

      Good luck,
      KathyW.
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 6:07 AM
        I'm looking for it...
        no way!
        :-/

        >> For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to
        >> display
        >> 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
        >> where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC
        >> running
        >> Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
        >> 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox
        >> presented
        >> no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different
        >> websites!

        Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
        is a checkbox to allow plugins. That might be turned off by default
        in an upgraded / new installation of Firefox. Check your preferences
        (or whatever FF for windows calls them).

        Good luck,
        KathyW.

      • Ingemar Bergmark
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 8:25 AM
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "russellcobley2004"
          <russellcobley@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to display
          > 360x180java based panos.

          Hi Russell,

          I hadn't used Firefox 1.5 in a long time, so I decided to give it a try.
          I already had Java 1.5.0_07-b03 so I downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.5 and
          installed it.
          Fortunately (or maybe I should say unfortunately), it works like a
          charm! No problem with Java panoramas at all...

          There are a couple of things I can think of;
          1) This was the first time Firefox was installed on my PC, so no
          old "junk"-settings anywhere...
          2) Maybe Java might be switched off in your configuration. Try going to
          Tools->Options->Content and make sure Enable Java and Enable JavaScript
          are checked...

          I'll post more if I find anything else...

          Regards,
          Ingemar Bergmark
          http://panoramas.bergmark.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1 2:46 PM
            On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

            > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
            > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

            That was Opera:
            http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng/758

            best regards

            http://www.erik-krause.de/
          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1 3:55 PM

              > On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:
              >
              > > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
              > > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

              There is a checkbox for JAVA not for plugins.

              However I believe the problem is something else.
              I have just downloaded the last Firefox on my almost fresh installation of Windows XP
              updated to SP2 (in Virtual PC)
              I did not have Firefox installed but both Quicktime, Java and Flash was working perfect in
              IE.

              Quicktime also worked fine at once in Firefox but both Flash and Java says I need plugin.
              I followed the link which came up as a menu and it installed an update
              J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.

              After that Java displayed fine.