Re: Windows Firefox 1.5.0.5 will not display java panoramas

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      russellcobley2004 <russellcobley@...> writes:

      > For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to display
      > 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
      > where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC running
      > Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
      > 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox presented
      > no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different websites!

      From which version did you upgrade? Anything works fine here, FF 1.5.0.5 Sun
      Java 1.5.0_06

      Try disabling extensions one by one. If this doesn't help get the Open Java
      Console extension from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/141/ and see whether
      there is an error. Then read the FF Java FAQ:
      http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Java-related_errors There are Links to two test
      pages...

      If anything doesn't help deinstall and install again.

      best regards
      Erik
    • Kathy Wheeler
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        > russellcobley2004 <russellcobley@...> writes:
        >
        >> For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to
        >> display
        >> 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
        >> where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC
        >> running
        >> Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
        >> 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox
        >> presented
        >> no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different
        >> websites!

        Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
        is a checkbox to allow plugins. That might be turned off by default
        in an upgraded / new installation of Firefox. Check your preferences
        (or whatever FF for windows calls them).

        Good luck,
        KathyW.
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
          I'm looking for it...
          no way!
          :-/

          >> For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to
          >> display
          >> 360x180java based panos. I can get all web pages to load but the area
          >> where I would expect to see the pano is blank. I am using a PC
          >> running
          >> Windows XP Pro SP2, with the latest Sun Java (v.1.5.0 build
          >> 1.5.0_07-b03). I know that the original PC release of Firfox
          >> presented
          >> no problems. I have unsuccessfully tested on loads of different
          >> websites!

          Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
          is a checkbox to allow plugins. That might be turned off by default
          in an upgraded / new installation of Firefox. Check your preferences
          (or whatever FF for windows calls them).

          Good luck,
          KathyW.

        • Ingemar Bergmark
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "russellcobley2004"
            <russellcobley@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > For some time I have not been able to get Firefox v.1.5.0.5 to display
            > 360x180java based panos.

            Hi Russell,

            I hadn't used Firefox 1.5 in a long time, so I decided to give it a try.
            I already had Java 1.5.0_07-b03 so I downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.5 and
            installed it.
            Fortunately (or maybe I should say unfortunately), it works like a
            charm! No problem with Java panoramas at all...

            There are a couple of things I can think of;
            1) This was the first time Firefox was installed on my PC, so no
            old "junk"-settings anywhere...
            2) Maybe Java might be switched off in your configuration. Try going to
            Tools->Options->Content and make sure Enable Java and Enable JavaScript
            are checked...

            I'll post more if I find anything else...

            Regards,
            Ingemar Bergmark
            http://panoramas.bergmark.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
              On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

              > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
              > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

              That was Opera:
              http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng/758

              best regards

              http://www.erik-krause.de/
            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006

                > On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 20:25, Kathy Wheeler wrote:
                >
                > > Someone mentioned not so long ago that deep in the bowels of Firefox
                > > is a checkbox to allow plugins.

                There is a checkbox for JAVA not for plugins.

                However I believe the problem is something else.
                I have just downloaded the last Firefox on my almost fresh installation of Windows XP
                updated to SP2 (in Virtual PC)
                I did not have Firefox installed but both Quicktime, Java and Flash was working perfect in
                IE.

                Quicktime also worked fine at once in Firefox but both Flash and Java says I need plugin.
                I followed the link which came up as a menu and it installed an update
                J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.

                After that Java displayed fine.